Location: Vestal, New York
Posted: January 25, 2017
Reference ID: 357057693
Adecco is assisting a local client in their search for Admissions Representatives to recruit, evaluate and interview prospective students for their Career College. This position is a temporary to full time position for the right candidate.
Admissions Representative Job Duties:
• Develops a profile of students attracted to the college by conducting research; interviewing applicants; designing questionnaires for current students; analyzing questionnaire results; conducting focus groups.
• Evaluates recruitment techniques by determining the effectiveness of each recruitment technique used by admissions; defining the expectations of the college to be instilled in incoming students by the admissions staff.
• Welcomes prospective students by processing paperwork; interviewing applicants; arranging and conducting campus tours; conducting follow-up activities such as letter writing and phone-calling campaigns.
• Maintains recruiting operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Completes projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems.
• Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
• Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances admissions department and university reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Admissions Counselor Skills and Qualifications:
Decision Making, Motivating Others, Persuasion, Listening, Verbal Communication, Emphasizing Excellence, Supports Diversity, Results Driven, Coordination, Quality Focus, Connecting with Children