, the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5-12, adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and older, as well as therapeutic programs for eating disorders through our Reflections Eating Disorders Treatment Center
When round-the-clock monitoring is needed, our inpatient program offers 24-hour nursing care and full psychiatric services in a safe and structured environment. Medical supervision by highly qualified mental health professionals means you receive appropriate individual assessment, intervention, education, supportive therapies and discharge planning.
- Coordination of care with physician.
- Actively collaborates with other units and program staff, physicians and members of other department to facilitate provision of optimal patient care.
- Provide patient education while administering medication.
- Practice safe medication administration consistent scanning of patient and medications.
- Scan all medications and patients using eMar.
- Follow facility established guidelines for reconciliation of medications on admission, during transfer and at discharge
- Assign and conduct appropriate individual and group interventions within the milieu for behavioral and safe management of patients.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries.
- Demonstrate least restrictive interventions appropriately
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing Program
- Licensure: Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or compact state.
- Certifications: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers required and Crisis Prevention Institute required as a part of the general hospital orientation.
- One year experience in psychiatric nursing preferred