Power Generation Field Service Technician
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This senior level role is both customer- and mentor-focused with opportunities to move into management or training with travel to other Service facilities.
This is an exciting opportunity in Nashville, TN for a Power Generation
Field Service Technician. Cummins North America is where you can work on industry leading engine technology such as High-horsepower GenSets, Integrated Power Systems, and PowerCommand panels in the Commercial Industrial, Data Center, and Prime Power markets while working in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
• Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
• Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
• Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
• Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
• Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments .
Skills and Experience Required:
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair generator set systems in a field environment without direct supervision.
• At direction of Field Service Manager, works with Power Generation Sales Department on new product startups.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams.
• Understand safety aspects of working with all AC voltages up to 600V, 3 phase.
• Ability to operate all standard service tools plus electrical testing equipment.
• Ability to work with detailed information under considerable time limitations and with minimal supervision.
• Possesses all the troubleshooting, diagnosing and repair capabilities of a highly-skilled genset technician involving diesel engine, generator, engine governor, generator and engine control gear and electrical power switching mechanisms and their control.
• Proficient in Windows XP; other computer software as required including Business Management System (BMS) and Outlook.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical school or community college graduates preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in repair and maintenance work of power generators and related components.
• Knowledge of 'Onan Level II' preferred.
• Proficient in systematically troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing emergency power systems and related mechanical/electrical components.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring and schematic diagrams.
• Thorough understanding of single phase and three phase AC electrical schemes.
• Understand safety aspects of working with all AC voltages up to 600 volts,
3 phase and have a working knowledge of NFPA70E safety standard.
• Ability to properly and safely use and maintain common hand tools and electrical testing equipment.
Physical Requirements (times are approximate)
Standing 7.5 hours per day • Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day • Sitting 1.5 hours per day • Lifting 1.5 hours per day • Lifting up to a maximum of 80 pounds • Bending 3.0 hours per day • Driving 2.5 hours per day
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.