we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As an Advanced Analytics Leader, Marketing Sciences
in Wilmington DE, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial
is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for leading a team of advanced analytics professionals who deliver business insights to the Commercial Organization. The Advanced Analytics Leader will require a high level of proficiency in designing and developing custom predictive and prescriptive analytics utilizing primary and secondary data and demonstrated ability to execute and implement analytical solutions in support of business opportunities and risk assessment, promotion response and return-on-investment analytics, optimal resource/budget allocation across diverse sales and marketing channels, smart business experiments (e.g., test/control), market simulation, patient analytics (e.g., patient flow, treatment regimen), and payer analytics. You will have supervisory responsibility for a group of highly skilled analytics professionals, most of whom have advanced degrees in statistics, operations research, data science or engineering, providing guidance on both project management and career development.
You will be responsible for working closely with Senior Leaders as well as Marketing, Market Access and Payer Strategy, Sales, and Insight and Analytics teams, along with additional cross-functional business partners.
In addition to strong analytical skills, the Advanced Analytics Leader should have excellent communication and leadership skills with a demonstrated track record of effective business partnership with senior leadership demonstrated through delivery of projects having material business impact and demonstrated ability to influence without authority both horizontally and vertically in a matrixed organization. The successful candidate will be expected to provide thought leadership and evaluation of new quantitative analysis methods and technologies.Essential Requirements
- Quantitative Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required in one of the following or related fields: Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or Data Science. An advanced degree is preferred (Master's, MBA or PhD)
- 5+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Healthcare analytics or secondary data analysis; preferably with commercial analytics background
- 7+ years of experience in the application of advanced methods and statistical procedures on large and disparate datasets, specifically:
- Statistical Analysis & Modeling: Design of Experiments, Time Series, Regression, Applied Econometrics and Bayesian methods
- Data Mining, Predictive Modeling & Machine Learning algorithms
- Optimization & Simulation
- 4+ years of recent experience and proficiency with SAS/Base, SAS/Stat & SAS/ETS. Working knowledge of SAS/OR and SAS/Enterprise Miner considered a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL, R, Python and big data technology - Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera distribution - Impala, Hive, Hbase, Spark, MapReduce etc.)
- Working knowledge of data visualization - Qlikview, MicroStrategy, Tableau, D3js or similar tools.
- Experience in MS Office products - Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Proficiency in manipulating and extracting insights from large longitudinal data sources, such as Claims, EMR and other patient level data sets
- Expertise in managing and analyzing a range of large, secondary transactional databases is required.
- Prior supervisor experience with a technical/analytical team is preferred
- Occasional travel may be required
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners
- Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of independently developed analyses infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to engage, build and maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership Team
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage simultaneously a diverse range of projects
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.