we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As an Advanced Analytics Manager, Marketing Science
in Wilmington DE, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial
is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Advanced Analytics Manager is
responsible for providing analytical expertise and delivering business insights to the Commercial Organization. The Advanced Analytics Manager will require a high level of proficiency in designing & developing custom predictive and prescriptive analytics utilizing primary and secondary data, as well as demonstrated ability to execute and implement analytical solutions in support of Business Opportunities & Risk Assessment, Customer Segmentation & Targeting, Promotion Response & Return-On-Investment analytics and Optimal Resource/Budget allocation across diverse Sales and Marketing channels, Smart Business Experiments (Test & Learn), Market Simulation & Patient flow modeling. Working closely with Senior Leaders, the Brand Team, Managed Markets, Sales, Forecasting, and other cross-functional business partners. This is a hands-on analytical role and as a proactive internal consultant, the Advanced Analytics Manager will support and design commercial solutions enabling data-driven decisions based on rigorous analysis and best available information.
Additionally, the Advanced Analytics Manager
should have excellent communication and leadership skills with a demonstrated track record of effective business partnership with senior leadership as demonstrated by material business impact and influencing without authority. This position may be required to manage contractors and consultants to complete analytical projects, but will have no direct reports. The candidate will also be required to continuously evaluate new quantitative analysis methods and technologies.Essential Requirements:
- Quantitative Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required in one of the following or related fields:
- Operations Research
- Management Science
- Applied Math
- Computer Science or Data Science
- 2+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Healthcare analytics or secondary data analysis
- 4+ years of experience in application of advanced methods and statistical procedures on large and disparate datasets, specifically:
- Statistical Analysis & Modeling: Design of Experiments, Time Series, Regression, Applied Econometrics and Bayesian methods.
- Data Mining, Predictive Modeling & Machine Learning algorithms.
- Optimization & Simulation.
- 2+ years of recent experience and proficiency with SAS/Base, SAS/Stat & SAS/ETS
- Working knowledge of SQL, R, Python and big data technology - Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera distribution - Impala, Hive, Hbase, Spark, MapReduce etc.)
- Working knowledge of data visualization - Qlikview, MicroStrategy, Tableau, D3js or similar tools
- Experience in MS Office products - Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Proficiency in manipulating and extracting insights from large longitudinal data sources, such as Claims, EMR and other patient level data sets
- Expertise in managing and analyzing a range of large, secondary transactional databases is required
- Occasional travel may be required
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Master's, MBA or PhD degree
- CV and/or metabolic disease experience
- Working knowledge of SAS/OR and SAS/Enterprise Miner
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of independently developed analyses infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered.
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to engage, build and maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership Team.
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.