At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As an Advanced Analytics Manager - Oncology Marketing Sciences
in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for providing advanced analytical expertise and deliver business insights to the Commercial Organization. You will require a high level of proficiency in designing & developing custom predictive & prescriptive analytics utilizing primary and secondary data, as well as demonstrated ability to execute & implement analytical solutions in support of Business Opportunities & Risk Assessment, Customer Segmentation & Targeting, Promotion Response & Return-On-Investment analytics and Optimal Resource/Budget allocation across diverse Sales & Marketing channels, Smart Business Experiments (Test & Learn), Market Simulation & Patient flow modeling.
You will work closely with Senior Leaders, the Brand Team, Managed Markets, Sales, Forecasting, and several additional cross-functional business partners. You will be deployed as part of the Business Insight & Analytics team and will report to the Oncology Advanced Analytics Functional Lead.
In addition to strong analytical skills, you should have excellent communication and leadership skills with a demonstrated track record of effective business partnership with senior leadership as demonstrated by material business impact and influencing without authority. In addition, you may be required to manage contractors and consultants to complete analytical projects, but will have no direct reports. You will also be required to continuously evaluate new quantitative analysis methods and technologies.Essential Requirements
- Quantitative Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required in one of the following or related fields: Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or Data Science
- Two or more years of experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Healthcare analytics or secondary data analysis
- Four or more years of experience in application of advanced methods and statistical procedures on large and disparate datasets (Statistical Analysis & Modeling: Design of Experiments, Time Series, Regression, Applied Econometrics and Bayesian methods, data Mining, Predictive Modeling & Machine Learning algorithms, and Optimization & Simulation)
- Two or more years of recent experience and proficiency with SAS/Base, SAS/Stat & SAS/ETS
- Working knowledge of SQL, R, Python and big data technology - Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera distribution - Impala, Hive, Hbase, Spark, MapReduce etc.)
- Working knowledge of data visualization -- QlikView, MicroStrategy, Tableau, D3js or other similar tools
- Experience in MS Office products - Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficiency in manipulating and extracting insights from large longitudinal data sources, such as Claims, EMR and other patient level data sets
- Expertise in managing and analyzing a range of large, secondary transactional databases
- Occasional travel may be required
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- An advanced degree (Master's, MBA or PhD)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners
- Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of independently developed analyses infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered
- Strategic & critical thinking with the ability to engage, build & maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership Team
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects
- Working knowledge of SAS/OR and SAS/Enterprise Miner
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law