At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Advanced EHS Engineer for the Commercial Solutions Division (CSD) plant located in Nevada, Missouri. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The Advanced EHS Engineer will be responsible for interpreting regulatory requirements, developing and conducting EHS training, investigating workplace incidents and determining corrective actions, coordinating industrial hygiene chemical/noise exposure and assessment and monitoring plans, performing ergonomic evaluations and determining safeguards, tracking and monitoring EHS program effectiveness and conducting workplace hazard reviews.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Initiating and completing activities leading to new or improved safety methods or processes which have significant impact potential at a program or project level within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Implementing on-going industrial hygiene chemical / noise exposure and assessment and monitoring plans, utilizing the 3M Workchec tools and system.
- Providing EHS oversight, design review, and testing of efficacy of exposure control measures including ventilations, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment.
- Leading element audits or assessments (such as ergonomics, lockout/tagout, etc.).
- Assisting facilities in Global Safety and Health Plan (GSHP) program development.
- Providing safety consulting services on task-oriented programs such as lockout/tagout or fall protection.
- Developing and presenting training packages.
- Investigating minor incidents.
- Collecting and analyzing safety and health data and reports trends and results to a senior level co-worker and/or management. Begins to participate in developing correction plans.
- Leading efforts associated with EHS management systems.
- Developing a broad knowledge and understanding of external safety/environmental activities and technologies and how they relate to the businesses of the division/staff organization.
- Establishing and cultivating and extensive network of intra-divisional support to facilities completion of EHS assignments. Communicating EHS project and/or program status and results to operational leadership.
- Analyzing EHS data, self-assessments, reports, trends and communicates results to operational leadership and recommends plans for correction of gaps
- Participating in Site EHS Committee meetings and associated activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- M inimum of one (1) year of combined experience in Health, Safety and/or Environmental (an internship or co-op is considering qualifying)
Location: Nevada, MOTravel: May include up to 10% domestic travelRelocation: Is authorized
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental Health and Safety or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with State/Federal regulations
- Team player with the ability to influence others in a matrixed environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and determine strategies based upon data
- Microsoft Office proficient
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.