Advanced Electrical Service Technician
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This senior level role is both customer- and mentor-focused with opportunities to move into management or training with travel throughout the Southeastern US.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Electrical Service Technician. Cummins North America is where you can work on industry leading engine technology such as High-horsepower GenSets, Integrated Power Systems, and PowerCommand panels in the Commercial Industrial, Data Center, and Prime Power markets while working in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
- Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
- Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
- Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
- Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
- Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
- Advanced diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of switchgear and paralleling equipment
- Provides technical support for the power generation project management and sales groups. Provides technical support to internal and customer contacts at various project stages including submittal, pre-delivery, installation, and project start up.
- Start-up and commissioning of paralleling systems, paralleling switchgear repairs, paralleling switchgear modifications, switchgear preventative maintenance, and generator controls upgrades.
- Provides engineering support services to contractors, consultant, and end users in application and installation of Gensets, paralleling systems, and related equipment.
- Utilizes various software platforms including but not limited to MS Office, BMS, CPG Power Suite, Gensize, Cummins Order Status, Concept, Advantech, and Outlook to manage project logistics and schedules.
- Directly manages large scope and high profile start-ups in collaboration with project management and sales groups. Delivers project per sales group write-ups and quotations. Coordinate factory, outside vendor, and internal resources to assure timely, accurate, and cost-effective start-up and commissioning of complex start-ups.
- Interfaces with customer, vendors, and internal contacts to effectively communicate technical issues that impede start-up progress and affect project schedules. Involves appropriate internal and external contacts to bring about mutually beneficial problem resolutions.
- Maintains technical and product knowledge proficiency with respect to market requirements.
- Communicates professionally, accurately and concisely using appropriate communications resources including telephone, e-mail, net meeting, etc.
- Represents company in a professional manner at all times.
- Can be trusted to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information.
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations.
- Perform technical reviews on new complex projects.
- Makes effective use of database, spreadsheet, and word-processing software to prepare statistical and written reports for management.
- Provides technical support and training to others within the power generation business team to expedite customer information flows and to elevate department technical skill and comprehension level.
- Completes individual development plan for personal and professional improvement and participates in a semi annual review program.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience with switchgear, controls, networks and emergency power systems start-ups
- Strong understanding of general and electrical contracting industries
- Ability to interpret technical documents, specification and drawings
- Knowledge of or experience in electrical construction and/or installations
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal; able to creates and delivers presentations to internal and external customers
- Professional attitude and demeanor; mature, problem-solving attitude
- Strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail; Able to follow through to assure successful task and objective completion
- Pleasant and cooperative with internal and external customers
- Team-oriented to support end customer needs and expectations
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.