GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Advanced Engineering Technician
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC product development. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, troubleshooting, and reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, lead compliance and quality activities, and train other team members.
1. Perform basic trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions.
2. Perform Xray generation software and hardware evaluation and implement plans using knowledge of product, system operation, intermodule interactions, engineering tools, and interactive software tools as required.
3. Serve as the technical expert on new product introductions by providing feedback to engineering and manufacturing personnel as new products are developed and new procedures are implemented.
4. Utilize basic technical communications throughout the new product cycle to improve internal models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability.
5. Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation.
6. Execute training plans as required.
7. Provide technical assistance by telephone or in person to customers, field service personnel, or suppliers as needed.
8. May travel to customer sites to assist in system level installations, problem resolution and diagnostics as required.
9. Limited direction is given in the execution of job related activities.
10. Comply with EHS regulations and policies.
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and 5 years technical experience
2. Advanced proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques and previous experience
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and implement corrections to the existing design or process
4. Advanced proficiency to understand and interpret complex technical information.
5. Demonstrated proficiency to utilize and modify computerized work systems
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
8. Demonstrate an ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology
9. Ability to communicate using local language
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of GEHC Design Controls Procedures in order to ensure that specified design requirements are met
5. Ensures the creation of accurate, complete and timely records
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology related field
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.