At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Advanced Information Analyst to join the Environmental, Health, and Safety Information Services (EHSIS) group within the 3M Medical Department, located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
EHSIS provides information systems and business process support in the EHS space to 3M business units and international subsidiaries. Systems include: Chemical Data Management System (CDMS), which is used to author Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and product labels; SDS distribution modules; labeling systems; data reporting functions; SAP EHS components. The IS group delivers technology-enabled solutions that help 3M EHS staff across the globe achieve their goals and meet regulatory needs.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting all global aspects of CDMS and related systems that use CDMS data.
- Troubleshooting system issues reported by the user community.
- Working closely with EHS regulatory staff to determine applicable system changes as regulatory landscapes evolves over time.
- Defining and documenting business requirements and deriving technical requirements for IT teams.
- Leading critical projects and define project level scope/timelines together with IT teams.
- Testing system changes/updates to ensure proper functionality for the user community.
- Communicating with user community as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in an environmental, health, safety, or regulatory role
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with ProSteward or 3M's CDMS software
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in an information technology or information services capacity
- Experience with project leadership of cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, highly productive and result-oriented in team based environments
- Excellent computer and database skills
: Maplewood, MinnesotaTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.