Act as a project manager for either individual or multiple projects. Scope of projects includes new product launch, lean manufacturing activities, plant startups and product moves. Responsible for managing the overall project and its deliverables, and controlling the planning and execution of the project's activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time and quality goals are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify capital, expense and resource needs to execute projects. Author capital expenditure requests (CARs) and report on status (timing and expenditures) against them, including deviations, delays and potential risks to program timing. Preparation of requisitions and delivery and tracking of purchase orders to vendors will also be involved.
• Work with the production plant to assure timely and proper installation and qualification of the capital equipment occurs, program expectations are met (financial and performance) and a smooth and effective hand-off is realized.
• Manage equipment OEMs to program timing expectations and deliverables. Maintain Open Issues Lists on both equipment and manufacturing development. Drive resolution to ensure project needs are addressed.
• Work with production plant to assure staffing, plant layout and utility needs and timing are understood and agreed upon.
• Monitor progress of the project against the plan and schedule. Establish and maintain the project communication plan. Review and report project status to stakeholders on a weekly basis.
• Understand and manage inter-project dependencies and drive issues and risks to resolution.
• Ensure pertinent documentation or required standard project deliverables are kept current throughout the project and maintained as part of the project file.
• Accountable for overall success of the project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and professional engineering experience.
• Five or more years of experience in project management, lean manufacturing and process design.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, organizational, problem solving, and computer skills.
•Project experience on roll forming, welding, riveting, paint line and metal stamping machinery, machine controls, plant layout and time study a plus.
•Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.