As part of the Global LSP Operations team this role will lead local site AMEs and work with member s of the Project Management Office team to ensure the timely execution of New Product Introduction programs. This leader will also be responsible for the delivery and execution of strategies that deliver Operational excellence for newly introduced products in all areas and specifically Safety, On time Delivery, Zero Quality Defects and the adoption of Lean Manufacturing principals generally. This role will provide strategic management and Leadership to the Global LSP Advanced Manufacturing team through the implementation of KPIs and the adoption of a Management by Fact approach to achieve specific New Product Introduction goals and general business and Operational Plans as set out above.
Context and Environment of job
Scott Safety designs, develops and assembles a wide and diverse range of health & safety products.
The company ensures that a customer and product focus is maintained by dividing the organization into specific customer product groups.
The overall objective is to be the supplier of choice by being able to develop, design, assemble, and supply product to an ever-increasing standard of excellence. With the quality goal being zero defects, the company is established as the center of expertise for the design, development, and industrialization of health and safety products. Tyco/Scott Safety strives to ensure fairness to all its employees.
The job is located in a manufacturing facility. You would be required to adhere to all health, safety & environmental procedures. Your role would require you to work within any area of the plant to carry out your duties. You may be required to work as part of a team or on your own. You would be situated in an open plan office, with a team of fellow professionals, working within a manufacturing environment.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
Organizational Responsibilities - Provide leadership to and will manage the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team. Your role will require you to develop strong relationships with other site management functions. In addition you will foster and develop excellent relationships with key business stakeholders. Work in accordance with Tyco/Scott business/contractual objectives and present in a clear & professional manner at all times.
Functional Responsibilities - Manage identified personnel within the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team and specifically focus on mentoring, developing, and coaching others to develop the functional strength of the team. To work with LSP manufacturing leaders globally to develop and implement key operational strategies.
Individual Responsibilities -
• Leadership & management of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team.
• Ensure full operational support for project budgetary targets, specifically to the development of manufacturing processes and product labor cost targets.
• Develop and implement the key measurables to ensure budgetary adherence and schedule tracking and report on a monthly basis to the Global Supply Chain Director. . .
• Establish the key strategic activities required to align the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Team to the achievement of Zero Harm, Zero Defects, Zero Waste, and Zero Late Deliveries.
• Ensure adequate resource management, project scheduling, and adherence to schedule for multiple on-going new product development projects
• Be the leader in LSP for the development and implementation of significant improvements in department wide processes, procedures and systems.
• Develop a continuous improvement philosophy with goals and timelines.
• Ensure compliance of all manufacturing to the required operational standards.
• Manage and lead staff in an efficient and flexible manner, ensuring all necessary training and development has been performed and necessary qualifications are in place.
• Mentor staff in an approachable and constructive manner.
• Maintain and develop the emphasis on ownership and accountability throughout the department.
• Promote and support health and safety guidelines.
• Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
This represents a brief outline of the role and is by no means exhaustive. The post-holder will be expected to undertake duties as appropriate to the position and grade.
• Achieve and sustain Budgetary Adherence and achieve Gross Margin improvements through the support of PMO objectives and prioritization of projects.
• Delivery On time, Production Schedule Adherence, Compliance Audit Protocols, Product Costs, LTA stats, and Lean Manufacturing Principals (Space Utilisation, 5s, Factory Lead-time reductions) metrics.
• Successful introduction of new product projects
• Strong evidence of effective employee development and succession planning.
• Positive feedback from team, peers and immediate manager.
• Customer Satisfaction
• Absence Management
Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing related subject (preferred)
Proven management experience and strong track record of achieving strategic business objectives within a senior operations role.
Strong understanding and experience using Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles (Six Sigma certified preferred GB or BB)
Strong knowledge of modern equipment maintenance practices including Predictive Maintenance and TPM
Strong understanding and experience of ISO & OHSAS requirements
Strong commercial acumen
Strong communication skills - very customer focused
Strong problem solving techniques, experience with 8D problem solving
Strong computer and data collection system literacy, analysis and presentation
Strong understanding of Quality Tools SPC, GR&R general problem solving tools.
Strong understanding of design verification and assessment tools DFMEA, PFMEA, and general design for manufacturing concepts.
Ability to prioritize and organize tasks
Experience and overall understanding of MRP/ERP systems.
Effective team player
Highly driven for results
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.