Eaton’s Hydraulics Group has an opening for an Advanced Manufacturing Services Technician located in Eden Prairie, MN.
Technician will assist with new capital installation, new capital selection, asset consolidation/transfers, new product launch, make/buy analysis, machine tool control programing, fixture design, tool selection and application of information technology to manufacturing processes. Create and maintain simulation models of Hydraulics Operations sites as needed and train Hydraulics personnel as needed.
- Support the execution of the Capital Strategy for Hydraulics Group.
- Develop action plans to transfer new technology to existing and new processes globally.
- Complies with standard EHS practices and guidelines embodying a Zero Incident Culture.
- Develops and utilizes expert knowledge in simulation software to build models of Hydraulics Operations sites.
- Coordinates activities with Hydraulics EHS, CI and Quality functions.
- Assists with management of projects through-out Global Hydraulics Operations.
- Champions process standardization across all Hydraulics facilities.
- Assists local sites with new capital installation, asset layout, process training and new product launch.
- Associates degree required from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in machine tool programing, CAM (MasterCAM), and DNC software
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in 2D/3D CAD (Pro E, AutoCAD, SolidWorks) software
- Minimum 1 year experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Minimum 1 year experience using and implementing Lean/Six Sigma tools
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 1 year new product launch experience
- 2 years of experience in machine tool programming, CAM (MasterCAM), and DNC software
- 1 year of Project Management experience
- 3 years’ experience with 2D/3D CAD (Pro E, AutoCAD, SolidWorks) software
- 3 years’ experience with enterprise MRP systems (Oracle, MFG-Pro, JD Edwards)
- 3 years’ experience with product costing, control plans, product routings and make vs. buy analysis
- 5 years’ experience using and implementing Lean/Six Sigma tools
- Able to plan and organize effectively
- Self-motivated, dependable
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a changing global, virtual organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and switch focus efficiently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel up to 50%
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.