Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. At Arconic, we develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils-and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey Casting Operation has an immediate need for a Midnight Shift 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM M-F (shift starts on Sunday night) Advanced Manufacturing Metal Work Cell Operator
in our Metal department.ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
Position Overview / Essential Job Functions
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS value and policy statement and its accompanying principles.
- Comply with all department, facility, Corporate and Regulatory EH&S regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Report all job related illness and injuries. (Per employee handbook).
- Report all Safety, Health & Environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EH&S training.
Physical Demands/ Equipment Used
- Must run: Water Jets; 4/5 Axis CNC's ; Rise and fall grinders
- Properly load/ setup tooling (fixtures) and load castings into 6-point nests and verify fitment
- Properly set tools (end mills)
- Identify fixture wear, tooling wear
- Follow product criteria to ensure quality castings
- Properly react to non-conforming castings by adjusting feed rates, speeds, offsets
- Computer and Related Hardware
- Manufacturing Environment
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
- Has worked in a production environment
- Familiar with TPM
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- PC literate in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
- Experience using industrial controllers.
- Good methodical aptitude for troubleshooting equipment and related issues.
- Must be organized with the discipline to solve problems with permanent solutions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic Qualifications
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Knowledge
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- Experience - 1-3 years in an engineering or manufacturing environment including hands-on relevant experience evaluating automated equipment and processes and solving automated equipment issues.
- Ability to read product blueprints
- Has experience working with CNC's
- Has experience milling high performance super alloys
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.