PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide technical and software support for the suite of Advanced Network Applications (NA) and related interfaces used by Transmission Operations (TO). Maintain the NA power system model to ensure availability of valid results for real-time and study applications. Work with TO organization to plan development and use of the applications and changes to the power system model.
- Provide application software support for NA functions, including State Estimator, Dispatcher Load Flow, Contingency Analysis, Equipment Outage Scheduler, and Voltage Stability Analysis. Investigate problems, test software and data changes, assist users with use of the applications and related data interfaces.
- Work with the software vendor (General Electric) to investigate and resolve problems with the applications.
- Provide technical support for the NA functions and data model. Work with TO, to determine appropriate modeling of the power system, investigate solution issues, and to coordinate, implement, and validate changes to the model. Work with users to ensure effective and appropriate use of the various applications.
- Perform data entry as required to maintain data related to the network model. Interface with TO, system planning, and other PECO departments to gather data necessary to properly model the system.
- Interface with external organizations (PJM, neighboring utilities, etc) to communicate updates to the PECO system model, and to collect external system information required for PECO's model.
- Work with TO, to define required changes and enhancements to the applications or interfaces. Work with software vendor and/or internal resources to implement and test changes to NA functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years experience with Power System Operations and Power Flow Analysis, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with Power System Operations and Power Flow Analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred skill sets:
- Experience with any Energy Management System Advanced Applications, such as State Estimator or Contingency Analysis.
- Experience with modeling of power systems for loadflow analysis.
- Working knowledge of FORTRAN and C programming languages, UNIX operating system and shell scripts, relational database access via SQL and ODBC. Familiarity with the G/E XA21 system is a plus.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster