Do you want to be at the forefront of devices innovation at Microsoft? Do you have a passion to deliver new technology to customers? Are you seeking a unique career opportunity that combines both technical capabilities, as well as business insight?
The Strategic Sourcing Group at Microsoft is seeking a passionate, driven, and intellectually curious Advanced Optics & Camera Module Strategic Sourcing Manager to drive impact and deliver results in the world of Microsoft Devices.
The Strategic Sourcing Group is a pivotal, upstream functional core in the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Services (MSC) Organization, which is part of the Windows and Devices Group at Microsoft. The Strategic Sourcing Group is responsible for all direct materials and supply chain services sourcing for our 1st party hardware devices. We develop partnerships with our internal hardware and software engineering and development teams and our third party external suppliers to deliver high-quality products that delight our customers and deliver a fantastic Windows experience. Learn more about our broader team here http://www.allinatmsc.com/
Our Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for creating and implementing Microsoft’s global Sourcing Category Strategy for Advanced Optics and Camera Modules components used to bring WDG’s iconic Windows Devices to life. Sourcing Managers use their deep industry and market knowledge while partnering with R&D teams to define and create roadmaps in the Advanced Optics, Illumination, and Camera Imaging space.
You must be a high energy, high impact individual with demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic business environment. Successful candidates will build long lasting, strategic partnerships with the optimal supply base and position Microsoft for sustained success.
• 1-2+ years development and execution of market leading sourcing strategy in the assigned category via in-depth understanding of market intelligence, supplier rationalization, and industry trends to constantly validate Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) cost models through transparent supplier relationship, and 6-Sigma principles to drive efficiency and cost.
• 1-2+ years Established and maintained key relationships with strategic supply chain partners to complete detailed designs and implement subsystems or components into mass production.
• 1-2+ years secured Components experience, subsystems and/or services in the assigned category that will provide competitive advantage in both technology and cost for Microsoft.
• Deliver closest-to-the-pin costing and projections spanning a multi-year strategy.
• Ability to manage for continuous improvement in efficiency and performances via repeatable processes, people growth, and elimination of work duplication.
• You will own the responsibility to develop an overall sourcing strategy for the respective component categories.
• Drive change management to continuously improve efficiency and performance via repeatable business processes.
• Negotiate commercial contractual terms that put Microsoft in the best position to succeed.
• Ensure supplier selection process and component qualification meet all engineering requirements at the right cost and supply performance.
• Develop supplier capabilities and drive roadmap visibility across Microsoft hardware businesses.
• Achieve established commitments on total cost results, supply, quality and compliance adherence, and on-time delivery.
• Mitigate continuity of supply risk and develop key escalation channels across supply base
• Strong ambition to grow and learn
• Curious and willing to take risks
• Smart and Partner well with others
NICE TO HAVE:
• Super Analytical
• Global (Supply Chain, Business and Technology)
• Well rounded
• Any Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas
o Opto-electronics systems (ie. Camera modules, specialty lens, projector)
o Precision assembly
o Photonics o Optical coatings/films
o Optical and/or Photonics testing
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.