At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking an Advanced Quality Engineer for the Industrial Adhesives and Tape Division (IATD), located in Greenville, South Carolina. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Advanced Quality Engineer will lead and provide quality oversight for assigned products; working cross-functionally with internal and external groups to ensure product and processes are compliant with applicable standards, specifications, and customer expectations. The Advanced Quality Engineer will also support or lead continuous improvement projects to enhance product quality and Quality Systems. Process investigation and understanding through data analytics will be a key component for this position. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Assuring compliance to internal procedures, specifications and customer requirements.
- Representing the customer by investigating customer complaints, samples and trends, and helping determine action plans.
- Leader or team member for quality improvement projects to reduce costs and customer complaints.
- Providing support to process engineering and production teams as required.
- Facilitating or leading corrective actions related to customer complaints, audit findings, calibration impact studies, etc.
- Training and increasing the understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology across the site.
- Improving measurement and test systems using Measurement System Analysis tools.
- Using statistical techniques for data analysis and improving sampling plans.
- Participating in internal/external quality system and process audits.
- Supporting the implementation of ISO9001:2015
- Providing change management oversight from the quality function to ensure adequate training and/or qualification of changes to assigned products and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of (academic or industry) quality engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experienced with ISO9001:2008 or ISO9001:2015
- Experience leading internal and external audit corrective action resolutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Broad understanding and application of statistics and risk assessment tools
- Lean Six Sigma experience, leading Green Belt or Black Belt projects
- Experience with root cause analysis tools (e.g., FMEA, fishbone, DMAIC, 5-whys)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and process/system oriented
- American Society of Quality Certified Quality Engineer
- Familiar with Minitab
Greenville, SC Travel:
May include up to 10% domestic/international Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.