Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking an Advanced Quality Specialist/PPAP Coordinator to support new aerospace industry requirements. This role will organize, complete and maintain PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) submissions to aerospace customers and support launch activities, providing quality leadership for product and process development. The position is located at our aerospace forging plant in Rochester, NY.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Complete all aspects of PPAP elements including first article inspection, dimensional layouts, Gage R&R's, capability studies, etc.
- Maintain PPAP master samples and perform PPAP Revalidations, as required
- Perform Quality Management Systems and Process Audits of current and in-development processes and maintains all required documentation as required by PPAP process
- Initiate and actively participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities and ensure that customer requirements are incorporated into product functional specifications
- Lead risk and failure analysis (P/FMEA) to ensure functional specification requirements are fully met during process validation
- Review manufacturing processes and work with process owners to refine and enhance processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to assure quality of goods and services provided.
- Work directly with the process owners and suppliers to create corrective action plans to address process failures prior to PPAP approval
- Monitor and assist with process improvements internally or, as requested, at supplier facilities.
- Perform or lead Root Cause Analysis on product quality issues during early launch
- Integrate Program lessons learned in APQP activities with all process owners
- Manage engineering changes from the initiation of the change to the finalization of the PPAP
- Act as Quality contact and customer interface for all projects with PPAP requirements, and interpret and communicate customer requirements within the business
- Interact with Customers' engineering and SQE representatives and support and attend customer meetings and customer process reviews/audits.
- Act as the single point customer contact for PPAP requirements (Product/customer coordinator)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing AIAG standard publications, customer quality manuals, and additional customer specific requirements
- Provide technical and administrative support, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Detail oriented and able to complete all documentation without errors
- Strong computer skills in MS Office with emphasis on Excel, Access, Word, and in statistical tools (MiniTab or equivalent).
- Results oriented with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to attain a US Passport for international travel.
- Valid Driver's License
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 3 years of Quality Assurance experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Engineering, from an accredited institution
- Experience with the AIAG PPAP requirements or similar (UPPAP), including submission levels, control plans, P/FMEA, Process Flows, Cpk/Ppk, MSA and dimensional layout
- 5+ years of experience in a low to med volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the quality management systems (AS9100/ISO9000), as well as contractual quality requirements, which vary from customer to customer.
- Understanding of manufacturing with respect to one or more of these areas: forging and/or ring rolling technologies, tooling, fixtures and gauges.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and prior experience utilizing these techniques
- Knowledge of ERP systems to understand the scheduling and inventory control impact on product and processes
- Experience interacting with company multi-disciplinary entities, customers and suppliers
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.