At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Advanced Software Engineer for the Software Electronic and Mechanical Systems (SEMS) Laboratory, located in Maplewood, Minnesota. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Advanced Software Engineer will design, develop and test software applications for new 3M products and platforms. Teamwork and collaboration within highly adaptive cross functional teams are key elements to success in this position, as Agile methodologies are used to promote rapid and high quality software. Adherence and contributions to best practices, such as defined SDLC, unit testing, cybersecurity, etc. are also key expectations of success.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Software design, coding, and debugging software applications
- Participate and lead software design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Work with other software engineers, product owners, quality engineers, and other cross-functional team members to design and build required systems
- Adhere to team design and coding procedures and standards
- Participate in analysis and code reviews
- Develop software applications based on requirements, architecture, security and design specifications
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Document potential intellectual property
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- M inimum of two (2) years of combined experience with software and/or systems development
- Master's degree in Computer Science or software engineering from an accredited university
- Three or more (3+) years of experience with software and/or systems development
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, development environments and tools.
- Experience with key RDBMS platforms and related tools such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Experience with Big Data Management/Analysis platforms such as Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, R, SAS, SPSS, etc.
- Experience Microsoft Visual Studio .net and C#, or similar programming environments/languages
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Experience in TFS, TFVC
- Experience with test automation
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products (e.g. MS Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet predefined deadlines, prioritize work assignments and ensure deliverable dates are met
- Able to work in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
Travel: May include 10% travel as needed
Relocation Benefits: Are authorized for this position
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.