Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for an Advanced Sourcing and Innovation Manager. The position will be based in Raynham, MA, Bridgewater, NJ or West Chester, PA. Must be able to work in Raynham, MA one week per month.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Advanced Sourcing and Innovation team was established in response to the R&D and overall business need of 1) systematically tapping into our external supply base for their innovation capability (Innovation Sourcing) and 2) delivering greater value to the business by optimizing the New Product Development (NPD) process through strategic supplier and material selection as well as greater focus on applying design-to-value (DTV) principles (Advanced Sourcing). The Advanced Sourcing and Innovation team is part of the Global Orthopedics (GO) Supply Chain Procurement and embedded into the GO R&D organization.
Reporting into the Advanced Sourcing Director, the Advanced Sourcing Manager will be responsible for supporting New Product Development for assigned to optimize GP’s at time of new product launch, recommend the suppliers to meet the needs and drive towards the formation of a more concentrated and consistent supply base to J&J.
Main responsibilities include:
- Providing guidance to R&D Product Design in terms of supplier and component selection to ensure an optimized time to market, reduced supply risks upfront, and that product quality and compliance gets built into the new product design upfront.
- Supporting the implementation of DTV principles and building scalable Value chain solutions across all sub-categories
- Building and implementing global best practices for strategic commercial negotiations for new materials and externally manufactured products
- Supporting global raw material portfolio consistency
- NPD Pipeline support: providing supply market insights, linking supplier capabilities to business needs and leading the supplier management to ensure that R&D receives the best possible support by external suppliers for J&J NPDs.
- Support sub category strategies.
- SOURCE lead for all assigned NPD Projects
- For all of the above, the Advanced Sourcing team will leverage the global strategic sourcing organization managing ‘current’ sourcing and will ensure smooth hand-over of sourcing activities at time of product launch.
As such, the Global AS Manager role requires a broad and deep set of competencies and skills around global J&J’s business intimacy, sourcing strategy development, solid end-to-end Supply Chain comprehension, strongest R&D and/or business development affinity, advanced deal-making capability, strong financial skills and the ability to grasp diverse and highly complex technical and commercial matters instantly.
The Advanced Sourcing Manager will also display unique business partnering skills as living in between two very unique functions. The Advanced Sourcing Manager will collaborate internally across several business leadership teams and externally with key strategic suppliers, and is expected to be/have the ability to become:
- A SME in strategic sourcing, category management and Procurement strategy development & deployment.
- A recognized partner in intellectually complex R&D matters.
- Recognized as inspiring leader and frontrunner conveying procurement identity.
- With strong record of engagement and collaboration in a multinational, multi-stakeholder /matrix organization.
As a J&J Procurement Leader, the Advanced Sourcing Manager will have opportunities to connect to wide networks, exchange experience and knowledge, broadening and deepening skills within and outside Procurement valuable and applicable in support of developing leadership skills for J&J.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Managing Strategic Priorities 70%
People and Organizational Leadership 30%
- Develop deep market expertise in assigned commodities and process technologies.
- Supporting R&D product design centers for ongoing and upcoming new product introductions with regards to supplier and component selection leveraging the global strategic sourcing organization.
- Lead commercially selected NPD’s by providing supply market insights, linking supplier capabilities to business needs and negotiates T&C’s.
- Support sub category strategies by connecting the need state into actionable procurement insights.
- Support process development and principles for globally consistent material and supplier selections early supplier engagement ensuring best value is delivered to J&J and risks are mitigated.
- Support Performance measurement and implementation across regions for Advanced sourcing
- Implement Supplier Management, as it relates to upstream / product design, closely synchronized with R&D as well as Strategic Sourcing.
- Support the Joint Strategic Partner program, by connecting the unmet needs within the assigned product platform into key supplier growth opportunities.
- Develop and lead by influencing across regions and functions.
- Develop outstanding internal and external collaborations and partnership by connecting with R&D Supply Chain / Strategic Sourcing, Suppliers and selected other relevant stakeholders.
- Represent J&J Externally to core suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical or Commercial).
- Proven experience with end-to-end Supply Chain and NPD comprehension from a technical and/or commercial side.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a Supply Chain position or related field.
- Strong commercial and business acumen, coupled with the ability to understand most technical and scientific matters.
- Analytical skills. Having participated or lead any Market Engagement Process (MEP) or large commercial tenders.
- Ability to understand impact and significance of technical issues and new technologies
- Experience working in an international, cross-functional, highly matrixed and multiple stake-holder environment.
- Able to travel frequently (20% or less).
- Master’s Degree.
- Professional (APICS, ISM, Six Sigma) Certification.
- Truly global mindset. Multiregional work experiences.
- High level of proficiency with core Procurement and R&D Processes.
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g. businesses, Procurement, R&D, Quality, suppliers).
- Demonstrated ability to develop robust strategies and solutions that incorporate insights from multiple functions from definition through to implementation.
United States-Massachusetts-RaynhamOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-New Jersey-BridgewaterOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function