At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Advanced Transportation Analyst for the located in Cottage Grove, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Advanced Transportation Analyst will assess the transportation related activities of:
• Security officers
• Site loading docks
• Corporate transportation
• Supply chain personnel
The Advanced Transportation Analyst will define 3M-Cottage Grove transportation needs, develop and implement a coordinated plan to:
• Reduce trailer usage onsite
• Make storage trailer use more efficient
• Standardize site transportation processes and policies,
• Ensure loading facilities and personnel meet federal regulation
• Serve as a single point of contact for general transportation coordination
• Implement technology into site transportation function
• Assist BT in developing transportation model, and implement it after its installed.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Assesses and analyzes current operations of all transportation related operations affecting the Cottage Grove site and its resident operations
- Develops and implements the plan to coordinate the transportation needs of the site and its associated businesses in a more efficient and effective manner.
- Supports the onsite businesses and related transportation entities through an effective communication system to ensure consistent and responsive practices are utilized.
- Implement technology solutions to support the transportation needs.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of Transportation Logistics experience
- Technology implementation skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal communications skills with internal and external clients at all levels
- Experience with transportation systems (ex. Shipment Control System)
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience facilitating and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience with Project Management
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.