Position Summary:If you are an experienced Category Manager or Buyer, bring your talents to CVS Health's Merchandising department in Miami, FL. As a CVS Health Category Manager you are responsible for fully managing assigned merchandise categories, programs, and the respective P&L specific to the Hispanic format market.
Category Managers have a full scope of responsibility for attaining budgeted sales, gross margin, and building market share within their categories and driving growth across CVS’ Hispanic merchandising programs in Hispanic Format stores. Hispanic Formats includes Navarro, CVS y mas, and CVS/Pharmacy Hispanic dominant stores. Overall, Category Managers are responsible for achieving the Merchandising objectives as they relate to the CVS Hispanic Formats Strategic plan.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver sales and margin goals in assigned category by attaining market share to include but not limited to: growth, sales, contribution margin, inventory turns and GMROII.
- Managing all profit and loss information for the category.
- Vendor management to include: collaborating, interviewing, and negotiating extensively with manufacturers and vendors to ensure product placement and product strategy that drive sales and profitability.
- Developing and implementing category plans (i.e., plan optimal SKU mix; ExtraCare loyalty program; weekly, seasonal, annual promotional programs) for merchandising programs.
- Continually sustain a strong understanding of current competition; as well as search out new competitive opportunities. - Initiating and executing strategic promotional strategies and marketing plans.
- Collaborating internally with a team of CVS professionals in Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations. -
May oversee other positions, including an Assistant Category Manager. -
Compliance orientation to maintain integrity of data, systems and partnerships with vendors. Required Qualifications: - 3+ years of experience in a retail organization in an analytical, merchandising, or buying position.
- 3+ years of experience developing and executing plans, reviewing data (in MS Excel), consumer insights and identifying business opportunities to deliver expected financial and share results.
- 3+ years of experience collaborating with cross functional team members, internally and with suppliers.
- 3+ years of experience developing cohesive category strategies to deliver on both short-term and long term goals and adapts change based on consumer and market dynamics.
- Must be willing and able to travel at least 5-20% Preferred Qualifications:- Prior experience in retail merchandising catering to the Hispanic market.
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access or other database knowledge.
- Proven abilities to implement strategies and use negotiation tactics to grow sales.Education:Verifiable high school diploma or GED is required.Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/