Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Working as part of the Dedicated Teams organization, the Dedicated Teams Network Security Advisor is responsible for demonstrating disciplinary knowledge leveraging past experience and subject matter expertise to diagnose complex and high priority issues, perform device maintenances, as well as create, modify and maintain health, performance, logging, and capacity checking for security devices including Firewalls and Intrusion Detection for a global enterprise client. This individual must demonstrate attention to detail as well as analytical and troubleshooting skills. It is a requirement to be able to quickly and efficiently resolve client issues while maintaining high levels of client satisfaction. This position is responsible for supporting critical security infrastructure providing business services to the client. All work results are tracked in the Dell SecureWorks ticket-based CRM system built on Remedy. Finally, the individual will be responsible for taking requests from the customer, vetting these requests against best practices, and preparing the infrastructure for implementation.Responsibilities:
- Provides and integrates subject matter expertise in the troubleshooting complex health, performance, logging, and capacity problems/outages for currently supported firewall platforms (Checkpoint, Juniper Netscreen, and Juniper SRX) and management platform (NSM, STRM, Provider-1) technologies as well as quickly learn any new firewall/IDS technology introduced into the network, becoming the team expert on such technologies
- Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis , recommends and implements new or revised system software, utilities and automated processes as necessary to ensure Dell's Security Operations Center personnel are able to quickly, efficiently, and with a high degree of confidence, meet the client(s) requirements
- Provides in-depth diagnosis for operating systems software and hardware failures
- Demonstrate excellent communication and client care skills by documenting all activities within our client delivery systems and communicating with client representatives in a timely manner
- Take ownership of abstract and complex issues and work to resolution
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of functional experience
- Strong background in network security management, system administration, health and performance monitoring, internet firewalls, routing technologies and intrusion detection systems. Exceptional knowledge of Unix operating systems
- Demonstrated expertise with, and vendor security certifications, including CISSP, CCSA, CCNA, and JNCIA
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company)
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here .
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R13073