Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
This product manager's role is managing the life cycle of product SKUs and orderability for VxRail. VxRail is a Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Appliance (HCIA) exclusively from EMC and VMware. Make a difference by fulfilling operational execution and driving product readiness.
- Manage the requirements backlog and roadmap for VxRail product orderability.
- Plan and implement projects to add, remove, or change model numbers as well as configuration specifications.
- Publish project plans and execution status updates.
- Follow the Propel R3 material creation process for model numbers. Define model numbers and execute the SKU life cycle management tasks to achieve cross-functional program release readiness.
- Follow the Propel R3 MyQuotes change request process. Define requirements for configurator workflows, model number business rules, PSNT, IB update, and ELMS. Work closely with PCMT and IT to achieve product orderability readiness. Create UAT test cases and perform verification testing.
- Update product ordering and licensing guide.
- Update product configurator guide.
- Manage the requirements backlog and roadmap for VxRail interoperability qualifications.
- Update ESSM product interoperability matrix.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of order entry interdependencies between EMC business processes: sales, purchasing, finance, manufacturing, engineering, support and services.
- Proficiency with Propel R3 (SAP) PLM system, master data governance process, and MyQuotes system.
- Excellent project management skills. Highly organized and great at multi-tasking. Meticulous about managing the details of every project and the impact of each detail on project success. Identify task dependencies and coordinate multiple related projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Articulate MyQuotes requirements so that they are complete and clearly understood by all stakeholders representing different perspectives. Proactively communicate requirements and status changes.
- Great problem-solving skills. Recognize problems and obstacles quickly. Frame up issues to seek solutions and know when to escalate. Triangulate feedbacks from cross-functional team.
- Good understanding of VxRail product and roadmap. Willingness to develop technical knowledge about the product and release programs, in order to be able to define and assign project tasks.
- BS plus 5+ years of applicable experience OR MS plus 3+ years OR PhD
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R15598
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.