PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
The Financial Services industry is operating in a challenging environment due to global economic pressure, increasing regulatory demands and capital requirements, and significant operational and technology changes. Our growing Financial Services Advisory team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help major financial institutions around the world respond to their most complex business challenges. The Financial Services Advisory practice is composed of three industry sectors: Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets, and Insurance.
Our IT Infrastructure consultants help clients optimize their technology infrastructure by transforming the way their infrastructure delivers capabilities and services to meet the business's strategic goals. This high performing team advises clients on all elements of their information technology infrastructure from data center technologies and cloud to IT service management. They also address areas such as infrastructure architecture, networking and end-user services, and disaster recovery.
Our high performing Digital Cloud team helps our clients focus on recognizing business drivers and goals for digital and cloud adoption, leveraging our experience to design and implement flexible and forward-thinking solutions to assist them through complex digital and cloud transformations.
Our services include developing strategy and roadmaps that aide our clients with the pivot to an agile service-based organization that is nimble and responsive, performing readiness assessments, designing targeting operating models for a digital and cloud ready organization, developing target state architectures, fit-for-purpose cloud vendor evaluations, transitions and migrations to the cloud, and cloud operations.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 10
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
Certification(s) Preferred: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect, Certified OpenStack Administrator, Google Certified Professional
- Cloud Architect
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge, and/or a proven record of success, in directing efforts in the following areas:
- Leading large-scale initiatives emphasizing the strategy, design and development of Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service cloud platforms that extend to private and public cloud deployment models;
- Leveraging knowledge related to Cloud Management Platforms, Virtualization Strategies, Automation and Orchestration Strategies, Public Cloud Platforms, Cloud Capacity/Performance Optimization, and Application Migrations to a Cloud Platform with a clear understanding of how an IT organization capitalizes upon technology to enable the business;
- Leading transformational projects related to IT Architecture, Engineering, Operations, Security and Digital adoption;
- Applying DevOps strategies, designs, implementations, and tools capabilities/functionalities; and,
- Leading client-facing business development at a C-suite level, engagement delivery, practice development and thought leadership.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success and specialization in directing efforts in the following areas:
- Designing dynamic large-scale cloud environments and implementing a variety of digital platforms and a perspective on the various cloud offerings in the marketplace;
- Applying knowledge and skills in cloud container services (e.g. ECS), storage services (e.g. EBS), and database services (e.g. RDS); digital or infrastructure deployments that includes managing projects related to highly virtualized solutions, digital convergence, outsourcing or systems integrations, network engineering, and cybersecurity;
- Implementing major infrastructure management platforms (e.g. BMC, HP, CA, VMWare, etc.), automation, and orchestration (e.g. Chef, Puppet) and public cloud vendors (e.g. AWS, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform, Azure and Office 365 etc.);
- Identifying and addressing
client needs including developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation, and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and, defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection;
as a practice and team leader including enabling teams to generate a vision; establishing direction and motivating members; creating an atmosphere of trust; leveraging diverse views; coaching staff, encouraging improvement and innovation; and, leading by example, while working collaboratively as a member of a team and executing independently;
- Establishing a solutions-based practice, grow an organization, develop approaches/methodologies, lead engagements, and provide consistent communications to clients and leadership teams; and,
- Developing thought leadership materials and being recognized in the Information Technology industry as a credible participant in the digital and cloud dialogue.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.