EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team! The opportunity
Focus on helping domestic and global financial services institutions with issues of risk management with a focus on control design, control effectiveness assessment, and optimization the risk controls framework across the three lines of defense, in support of our client"s business strategies. Seniors can expect to work in a leading-edge environment surrounded by some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues in the business who have deep risk management, regulatory, governance and monitoring experience. Your Key Responsibilities
Building relationships is the key. You will be a high-profile contact when it comes to motivating client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds by fostering an innovative and inclusive team-orientated work environment. As you build knowledge and experience, you"ll become a credible advisor to junior consultants within the organization as well as the clients. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Contributing to large-scale client engagements while consistently delivering quality client services within expected time frames and budgets
- Leading and motivating teams with diverse skills and backgrounds to foster innovation and an inclusive, team-oriented work environment
- Contributing to the generation of new business opportunities for the Enterprise Control Transformation practice to develop long-term client relationships, understand the changing business and regulatory environment, and actively assessing/presenting ways to serve clients
- Developing client proposals, project approach, work plans, resource estimates, and cost estimates on client opportunities and pursuits
Ideally, you"ll also have
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of related experience; or a graduate degree and at least 1 years of related experience
- Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Direct experience with banking and capital markets, asset management, or insurance industries, with a specific focus on enterprise risk management, an understanding of the risk management life cycle, topics of risk governance, and internal controls
- Knowledge of a range of financial products (derivatives, equities, fixed income, etc.)
- Knowledge of financial and/or regulatory processes, key controls and reconciliations, starting from transaction capture to aggregation/consolidation to financial and regulatory reporting
- Regulatory knowledge and industry insight that can be applied to serve clients within the context of enterprise risk. This includes direct knowledge of key regulations, including the Enhanced Prudential Standards, Heightened Standards, Basel, Dodd-Frank including (Stress testing and CCAR), and the resulting implications to enterprise risk governance requirements
- Experience developing and maintaining a risk management control framework
- Experience in setting up and execution of control testing programs. This includes knowledge of various control types, test approaches, sampling methodologies, analyzing evidence and test results to identify control weakness, and defining action plans to remediate controls weaknesses
What we look for
- Prior consulting experience with a Big 4 firm or large global financial institution
- One or more of the following certifications: CFA, CPA, FRM or APRM
We are interested in finance professionals with an in-depth understanding of, and willingness to become proficient in, our standard tools and practices. You should be interested in making a difference, and ready to think creatively, challenge the status quo and speak up to make it happen. If you"re looking for a place to take initiative along with the support of some of the most knowledgeable colleagues in the business, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you"ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
A little about us:
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. We are united by our shared values, which inspire our people.