PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
Advisory Risk & Quality (R&Q) provides opportunities to gain exposure via a role focused in the risk management and quality aspects of the Advisory business.
Advisory R&Q works as an enabler to support Advisory Leadership, and
collaborates with other Line of Service Risk & Quality teams, Global Risk Management teams, Office of the General Counsel, Independence Policy & Consulting, Ethics & Compliance and other client service and infrastructure teams.
The Advisory Risk & Quality team has a deep understanding of risk management, quality and independence policies and guidance, and the application of these policies and guidance to new strategies, services and related initiatives and because of this our client service engagement teams have the ability to serve their clients and markets more efficiently.
The Risk and Quality Contracts function is responsible for supporting the identification and mitigation of client engagement risks by advising business teams in the Firm's consulting services practice group with regard to sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with Firm policies, principles and standards.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: Juris Doctorate
Certification(s) Required: US bar admission required
Demonstrates extensive-level of knowledge, and/or proven success in managerial roles involving, contract law, negotiations and drafting, focused on terms related to consulting services, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas:
- Legal and risk issues resulting from reviewing and assisting with requests for proposals;
- Preparing exceptions to clients' requested contract forms and reviewing draft proposals;
- Review of engagement letters and assisting with negotiation of terms related to the delivery of consulting services;
- Review and negotiation of non-disclosure agreements and other engagement-related contract requests; and,
- US commercial law and familiarity with legal concepts.
Demonstrates extensive-level abilities and/or proven success with identifying, mitigating and controlling client engagement risks, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Supporting engagement teams to help establish scope of services, assumptions and other contract provisions are in accordance with firm policies, standards and principles;
- Supporting the maintenance of sound contracting standards;
- Driving support for compliance-related and legal initiatives; and,
- Influencing multiple stakeholders and providing guidance to teams and/or projects on contractual matters.
The candidate should be able to work independently, be self-motivated, and learn our business, services offerings and risk policies and procedures quickly and apply them to contract reviews.
Other requisite candidate requirements/experience include: extensive contract negotiation and drafting experience (preferably in a fast paced environment, e.g. consulting or law firm),
the ability to prioritize competing interests and matters and to manage a high volume of contract reviews, and responsiveness to our practitioners and clients.