PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
Our clients are focused on improving business performance, responding quickly and effectively to crisis situations, and extracting value from transactions. Our growing Consumer Markets industry team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help a diverse set of clients around the world anticipate and address their most complex business challenges. This industry vertical team includesâ€‹ Consumer Products, Retail, Travel andTransportation clients.â€‹
You will support our Trade Promotion Optimization team to help major manufacturing companies develop and implement software solutions. This team optimizes the way the manufactures go to market and take on the competition.
There are three major areas of work in this process:
- Development and implementation of a solution all the way from requirements gathering to delivery of the finish application to the client
- Data analysis and mining to help manufactures delve into large amounts of information. Also, assist the manufacturer determine and optimize the way products will be brought to market year over year
- Integrate with major manufacturerâ€™s current and legacy systems and transfer large amount of data across systems. This includes usage of both home grown and large enterprise data transfer systems
Individual will be responsible for full life cycle development from analysis, design, coding, testing, and documentation.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree Computer Science
Degree Preferred: Master's degree Computer Science
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Utilizing multiple IT application platforms and delivery methodologies, defining and implementing business motivation and using case/actor models, business capability roadmaps, as well as gathering and defining business and functional requirements;
- Defining business problems and outlining possible solutions;
- Outlining business strategies, related tactics, and objectives for measurement;
- Gathering, defining, and organizing business and functional requirements including acceptance criteria for use by developers to implement a capability;
- Parsing high level functional requirements into an executable story backlog;
- Aiding in the estimation and planning process;
- Assisting in prioritization of tasks and planning iterations;
- Providing system functionality delivery on business capabilities;
- Facilitating workshops; and,
- Completing projects involving the delivery of mobile and web applications, including supporting off-shore application delivery.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in internet and mobile application architecture technologies, including the following areas
- Eliciting requirements and scope using client interviews, shadowing, document review, surveys and other techniques;
- Parsing out client requirements into manageable work units;
- Translating client requirements into standard UML diagrams and/or Agile user stories;
- Documenting vision and scope, including monitoring changes throughout project lifecycles;
- Collaborating with the user experience and design team to perform traceability of solution to design and business requirements;
- Creating screen mock-ups to help clients visualize requirements;
- Working with the development team to estimate the level of effort required for projects, features and individual stories work items;
- Prioritizing client work based on value, risk and dependencies;
- Creating test scenarios, test plans and execution of test cases using various test scenarios to deliver quality results to clients;
- Delivering solutions that meets quality standards and being receptive to feedback and direction from others;
- Envisioning solutions-related issues and conflicts, collaborating with functional or business teams and developers to deliver solutions that meet business requirements;
- Adapting to the client's environment, development and quality standards.
- Utilizing effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members and/or clients;
- Managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues;
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members;
- Providing candid, feedback in a timely manner; and,
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues, answering questions, and providing coaching to junior team members.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.