EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team! The opportunity
The Structured Finance Advisory Services (SFAS) group, is a group within FSO that specializes in addressing varying needs of market participants in the securitization marketplace across asset classes, including asset- backed securities (ABS), commercial mortgage- backed securities (CMBS), residential mortgage- backed securities (RMBS) and collateralized loan obligations (CLO). The securitization market is a dynamic marketplace, continuously evolving with new regulations and technological advances every day. This a great opportunity to work in this fast-paced environment, lead diverse engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients and lead business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts. Your Key Responsibilities
The SFAS Valuation Analysis and Pricing (VAP) Team provides an array of services to the firm"s audit clients in the analysis of their portfolios of fixed income investments, including ABS, CMBS, RMBS and CLOs. Our team leverages our market knowledge and third party technology platforms in order to provide in depth analysis on structured product securities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing and motivating teams with diverse skills and backgrounds in an inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Playing an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants
- Reviewing stratifications of client portfolios and leading discussions with audit teams
- Leading discussions with audit clients on methodologies and assumptions on the valuation of fixed income securities
- Leading teams in obtaining and evaluating cash flow modeling assumptions from third party market providers
- Liaising with third party pricing providers to stay abreast on market events and sentiment
Strong leadership skills, technical skills, relationship- building skills and integrity. These skills along with having a consistent commitment to delivering only the highest quality of work products to your clients, will allow you to easily integrate into a leadership role within the SFAS VAP team and reach your professional development goals. To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you"ll also have
- Bachelor"s degree and approximately 5 years structured finance experience or Master"s degree and approximately 3 years structured finance experience. Degree in finance, economics, mathematics, accounting, engineering or a related discipline; MBA or MS preferred
- Modeling and valuation experience with fixed income securities
- Working knowledge of the Securities and Exchange Commission"s Regulation AB 1122 compliance reporting
- Demonstrated project management, teaming, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary to meet client deadlines; valid driver"s license and passport to meet travel requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, Intex, Moody"s Wall Street Analytics, Citigroup Yieldbook and transparency tools of pricing vendors
- Strong communication skills
Experience leading structured finance advisory projects within a large financial institution or consulting firm. What we look for
Individuals who demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities, professional knowledge, the ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge and possess good business acumen. Integrity within a professional environment What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you"ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. We are united by our shared values, which inspire our people.