Advisory Services Senior, Advanced Analytics, US
Whole industries have been disrupted and transformed in recent years by digital technology and advanced analytics. EY is helping businesses realize the value they can gain from their IT investments. We deliver exceptional client service - providing advice on how technology enablement, digital transformation and enterprise intelligence contribute to performance improvement, as well as how IT can act as a multiplying effect during major program transformations. The opportunity
Our Data and Analytics team helps apply cutting-edge technology and techniques to bring solutions to our clients. As part of that, you"ll sit side-by-side with clients and diverse teams from EY to create a well-rounded approach to advising and solving challenging problems (some that have not been solved before). No two days will be the same, and, with constant research and development, you"ll find yourself building knowledge that can be applied across a wide range of projects now and in the future. This is a high-growth area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skill set and build your career. Your key responsibilities
There is no such thing as a typical day. You will provide assistance to multiple client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to help them navigate the complex world of advanced analytics. We"ll look to you to provide our clients with a unique business perspective on how advanced analytics can transform and improve their entire organization - starting with the key business issues they face. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Fostering relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Driving high-quality work products within expected time frames and on budget.
- Monitoring progress, managing risk and confirming that key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Managing expectations of client service delivery.
- Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Effectively managing and motivating client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Providing constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members.
- Fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Playing an active role in the counselling and mentoring of junior consultants within the organization.
- Developing and maintaining long-term client relationships and networks.
Ideally, you"ll also have
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, Statistics, Economics or Industrial Engineering and approximately three years of related work experience; or a graduate degree in the same and approximately two years of related work experience.
- A minimum of two years" experience providing consulting services with a strategic focus in helping clients achieve transformational value by improving performance through the use of advanced analytics solutions.
- A deep understanding of business processes and a minimum of three years" experience using advanced analytics, machine learning or artificial intelligence to solve real-world business problems.
- Must have two years" programming experience in at least two of the following: R, Python, SAS, SPSS, TensorFlow or equivalent.
- Must have advanced level SQL programming and Data Visualization skills (Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire, D3.js).
- Experience in data storytelling and knowledge of how people make decisions with data.
- Ability to connect "big-picture" industry and market trends to a client"s business problem.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at up to 80%. A valid driver"s license in the US and a valid passport are required; willingness and ability to travel internationally.
What we look for
- Master"s degree or MBA preferred
- Big Data skills, such as Hadoop, Spark, Neo4j, Kafka, Storm, Hive or NoSQL
- Experience with data and systems architecture (APIs, messaging, etc.)
- Experience with master data management and data governance
We"re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the analytics industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you"ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and 3 paid personal days, as well as a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.