Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At DELL EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 70,000+ DELL EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.Pre-Sales
The business is looking for a people-focused technical sales leader who provides technical direction and business guidance to the regional sales team. As a Sr. Sales Engineer, you will be accountable for regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and overseeing day-to-day account-level activities.
The successful candidate must be a highly technical professional possessing in-depth knowledge of the storage industry and virtualization who should be able to demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the SAN product space.GENERAL SUMMARY
- Provides technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the development of fully integrated technology solutions in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market.
- Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions.
- Acts as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of assigned customers.
- Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management. Understands DELL EMC and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign.
- Serves as a trusted technology advisor to customers and serves as an internal resource on technical issues or specific business applications within an assigned market segment.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to technical staff and top management.
Applicable markets: Enterprise, Commercial, Partner, Specialist/Practice PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to solutions, and train the account team.
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into engineering and marketing organizations.
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Leads technical sales calls
- Configures and documents software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
- 5-10+ yrs of enterprise sales engineering management experience, be a self-motivated leader, highly energetic, with a strong hands-on, "can do" approach.
- Expertise in multiple areas as it relates to cloud architecture including virtualization and/or SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Flash, convergence/hyper-convergence, HPC, advanced server technology, devops, big data, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
- A high level of business acumen and experience working with Cx0 level personnel, bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges.
Job Family: Sales Engineering
Job ID: R09002