Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Advisory vArchitect (Pre-Sales Engineer)
The vArchitect will provide technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned region. Gather requirements, perform analysis, and design fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on converged infrastructure platforms including virtualization, compute, network, storage, management, orchestration, and application requirements. This opportunity is ideal for a proven pre-sales professional with direct contacts and experience in the enterprise account space. We are seeking highly technical individuals who are results driven with the ability to influence others to achieve results.Responsibilities:
The vArchitect will be required to make technical and sales presentations to customer's business decision makers and technical staff with assistance and leadership from the Account Manager. Must be able to understand EMC/Cisco/VMware and /or competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. Assist the Account Manager in sales campaigns by developing technical responses to customer's requests and proposals:
- Define solutions with sales team to support customer business requirements and future strategies.
- Leverage knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to solutions, and train the account and partner teams.
- Establish relationships with the parent account teams, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engage and leverage corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Executes technical sales calls.
- Configures and documents software, hardware and service solutions to meet customers and sales objectives.
- Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects, and management.
- Possess detailed product./technology/industry knowledge of job associated software and applications.
Pre-Sales expertise in complex sales campaigns focused on data center solutions. Highly organized and seasoned technical pre-sales expert with exceptional relationship development skills coupled with a history of consistent goal achievement within a highly resource-matrixes environment. Additional:
- Technical Account Management experienced coupled with a consultative approach.
- Must have highly effective communication and presentation skills.
- EMC Proven Professional Certification and/or VMware Certified Professional and/or Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design Specialist desire.
- Candidates must have 8+ years' experience in a pre-sales, customer facing role.
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service Management, along with orchestration is preferred. Applications and knowledge of their effect on IT are highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Job Family: Sales Engineering
Job ID: R20659
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.