PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.Job Description
The Financial Services industry is operating in a challenging environment due to global economic pressure, increasing regulatory demands and capital requirements, and significant operational and technology changes. Our growing Financial Services Advisory team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help major financial institutions around the world respond to their most complex business challenges. The Financial Services Advisory practice is composed of three industry sectors: Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets, and Insurance.
Our Risk & Regulatory consultants help clients understand and address their enterprise risk and regulatory profile. This high performing team advises clients on the overall management and performance of their business, with a focus in compliance management, business continuity, risk and governance, and treasury management.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, or a related discipline.
Degree Preferred: Masters or Ph.D.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success developing and/or validating testing of models within the Financial Services sector, including the banking industry, consulting, or government regulatory positions, including the following areas:
- Econometric/statistical and analytical modeling;
- Retail and/or wholesale credit risk models, mortgage prepayment models, and/or complex discounted cash flow models;
- Analysis techniques of complex financial services data, including programming and computational techniques for large data sets and quantitative analyses;
- Statistical techniques for analyzing financial data, including: sampling, optimization, logistic regression, linear regression, decision tree analysis, and cluster analyses; and,
- Model documentation and/or model validation report writing; and
Visualization techniques for summarizing complex financial data analyses.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Utilizing SAS or R software, Excel/VBA, SQL, and other programming languages and applications;
- Assisting clients with a broad range of model development, model testing, model documentation, and model validation tasks;
- Performing data analysis and manipulation;
- Performing statistical model development, estimation, and testing;
- Performing analysis and validation testing of statistical and other analytical models developed by PwCâ€™s clients;
- Drafting model documentation and validation reports which focus on the following model types: Retail (e.g., mortgages, credit cards, auto loans), wholesale (e.g. Commercial and Industrial, Commercial Real Estate), credit risk models, including underwriting credit scorecards, portfolio credit monitoring models, CCAR and DFAST credit loss forecasting models, based PD/LGD/EAD models, and allowance for loan and lease loss models;
- Using time series regression models (e.g., CCAR PPNR models),
Macroeconomic forecasting / scenario generation models, marketing models; and other statistical and non-statistical models;
- Performing advanced statistical and/or econometric modeling with SAS, R, SQL and other statistical and data analysis languages and applications;
- Leveraging experience with Microsoft Excel and Access, including VBA;
- Utilizing verbal and written communication skills to interface effectively with modelers/validators and all levels of client management;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, which includes building solid relationships with clients, developing an awareness of Firm services, approaching client in an organized manner, and delivering clear requests for information;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks;
- Communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks;
- Researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters; and,
- Utilizing problem-solving skills, communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences (including various levels of management and external clients) in a professional business environment.