A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Networks is looking for a Photographer/Editor for Chopper 12 to shoot, edit and produce video on a daily basis and assist the operation in the creative and technical aspects of aerial photography and photojournalism. The ideal candidate will propose, develop, plan, shoot, edit and otherwise create packages on a daily and weekly basis which highlight Chopper 12 and aerial video in general. Work closely, on a daily basis, with all N12 operations and Assignment Desks to coordinate, cover and shoot breaking news, provide live feeds to the Studio and shoot other video. Coordinate the video library, recording media, FTP and video distribution and equipment inventory. Responding to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. Participating in special projects and performing other duties as assigned.
Will work independently or as part of a team to create pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product, or shooting live action suitable for distribution of the News 12 services. Accountable for maintaining assigned equipment, including news vehicles, cameras, lights, editors and peripheral gear, initiating repairs when necessary. Position will be responsible for editing video and audio material for distribution of the News 12 services, including segments or entire programs. Will drive news vehicles and/or live-transmission vehicles and operate production and transmission equipment. Candidate will coordinate playback of edited material, assist in training co-workers, participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting or Communications preferred, Master's degree is a plus.
• Minimum one year of experience in aerial photography and television news gathering and/or production preferred.
• Knowledge of aerial newsgathering and photography practices.
• Knowledge of television news gathering practices.
• Commitment to and proficiency in journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy.
• Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously under pressure.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of news production techniques, and equipment and technical standards for production and transmission of News 12 services.
• Knowledge of applicable laws related to photojournalism, aerial photography and use of drones.
• Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues.
• Proficiency in current and emerging news production equipment and technologies, including two-way radios, microwave, cameras, recorders, signal processing and switching, long and short range transmissions systems, drones, remote control systems and emerging technologies.
• Valid driver's license with good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any assigned shift and to stay on duty to cover developing stories.
• Ability to generate superior results while in the air for extended periods under all weather conditions.
• Ability to lift heavy objects, carry cameras and equipment for extended periods of time.
• Ability to perform duties in variable flying conditions over long durations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice, a leading global communications company, has brought together Cablevision and Suddenlink.