Arconic Forgings and Extrusions (AFE)
is looking for a qualified AFE HQ Senior Financial Analyst at our Savannah, Georgia location. Our organization is dedicated to rapid, profitable growth through continuous capital investment, operational excellence and career development. Arconic
is a company that promotes and develops from within with worldwide opportunities. If you are interested in a career with our facility, where our business has doubled in revenue in first five years of existence, we encourage you to apply. Arconic Forgings and Extrusions (AFE)
serves the global aerospace and automotive markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of extrusions and forgings in our industry. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH; AFE
employs 3,400 people in 5 countries at 16 locations. AFE
is a business unit of Arconic
Company Benefits : We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with financial security, health and well-being. In addition to competitive pay, we off a variety of benefit programs.
- Medical, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match (up to 6%)
- Retirement contribution (3%)
- Performance Pay based on company results (up to 5%)
- 2 weeks' annual vacation accrual
- 10 annual paid holidays
- Employee discount programs
Position Profile : The AFE HQ Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for product costing, variance analysis, inventory reporting, Daily P&L reporting and various metric reporting. This specific HQ position role will be responsible for learning the ERP system from another part of the organization and bringing back best practices to the location. For the first 3-4 months, this role will be based for training at our facility in the UK in order to learn the ERP and Reporting Systems. This will provide the individual the opportunity to bring back best practices to the US and make connections with the local IT and Finance support teams.
To be successful in this position, one must have excellent skills in these areas: high level spreadsheets, cost accounting and inventory control. In addition, one must have a strong business acumen, be able to interface and influence team members at all levels and have excellent problem solving and analytical skills. We are looking for a very driven individual that operates well in a fast pace environment.
Essential Functions : This is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities, and is not all inclusive. Incumbent(s) may and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
Support the locations with:
- Develops Product Costs and Inventory Controls
- Gathers information needed from various departments to set up new part numbers in TROPOS
- Reviews BOMs/routings for accuracy and calculates standard labor/ burden/overhead rates - Oversees shop floor data control
- Supports inventory control/cycle counting/reconciliation and coordinates physical inventory - Reconciles G/L inventory balances
- Performs month-end closing activities, adhering to Corporate deadlines.
- Compiles cost data for preparation of budgets/forecasts including estimates of standard cost increases for the coming year. Updates cost standards accordingly.
- Reviews and analyzes manufacturing variances and reports them to appropriate team members
- Supports the implementation/utilization of ERP System (Financial Accounting Package)
- Provides a strong interface to Operations regarding accounting related issues
- Generates various daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Achieve 100% compliance to all Corporate and Site financial policy and procedures in all internal/external audits.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and regular attendance is essential function of the position.
Support the HQ function by:
- Learn and ERP and reporting software used at AFE UK locations
- Bring back best practices of the UK procedures to the US location
- Responsible for implementation of automation of tasks and reports for the US location
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand. Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. Production and Processing - Knowledge or ability to learn of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Microsoft Office Suite - The ability to understand, navigate, manipulate and create, Excel, Word, PowerPoint documents as well as the Outlook platform.
- Ability to write and modify macros
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Interpret graphs and analyze temperature data.
Physical Demands :
- Often required to wear common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats.
- Continuously required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Location: For the first 3-4 months on the job, this position will be based out of the AFE UK facility in Sheffield. After a training period, this job will be located at our facility in the US at our Savannah, GA facility.
Environmental Requirements: Nickel and titanium manufacturing facility. Exposure to: moving mechanical parts; wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold, extreme heat, vibration; loud noise levelBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in general cost accounting
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA and/or CMA
- Minimum 3 years of experience in general cost accounting at a capital-intensive manufacturing facility