Eaton’s Aerospace division has
an opening for a Aftermarket Supply Chain Program Manager. The position will be
based out of Euclid, Ohio or Grand Rapids, MI. The position does offer
Position Overview :
This position is
responsible to develop and tactically implement aftermarket procurement
strategies and drive the procurement practices necessary to increase
aftermarket sales and reduce time to market. The role will require the
individual to be familiar with complete range of sourcing activities which
includes the analysis of material cost, the formulation and implementation of
acquisition strategies, the negotiation of required deliveries and the ongoing
management of supplier relationships both directly and through indirect
reports. Since this position directs the activities of both entry level
and experienced subordinates, it is critical that this individual be capable of
training and developing a team.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Heavy emphasis on leading and executing expediting campaigns, high
level supplier expediting, and long lead time reductions.
an efficient and comprehensive process of quoting and negotiating alien and
stranger parts while reducing the lead time at time of purchase order
and implement purchasing policies consistent and in support of
Division/Aerospace Corporate commodity strategies.
and execute strategies for on-boarding large aftermarket programs minimizing
time to market.
qualified suppliers with capacity sufficient to support the lower volume high
mix portion of Aerospace business to support government and aftermarket sales.
and manage suppliers through trends to enable advance detection of supplier
quality or capacity problems.
- Develop and train functional reporting subordinates
to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
of planning, procurement and operations to manage flow of material to optimize
shop floor capacity and resources.
- Create and implement intercompany replenishment processes for
quicker turn around.
and implement purchasing policies and practices that minimize the total cost of
acquisition of materials that support the aftermarket sales for Aerospace.
a forecasting strategy to optimize material availability with minimal inventory
- Recommend inventory strategies to site, division and aerospace
materials management group to increase availability for order fill and customer
turn around for repairs and spares business.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in (Business, Engineering or Technical Degree) from an accredited institution
- A minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in aftermarket, purchasing, and planning
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with aftermarket customer and requirements
- Experience and working knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic and MRP/ERP planning parameter knowledge and update requirements.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Knowledge of the commodity and sub-commodity marketplace, including in Low Cost Regions
- Experience and detailed knowledge of industry specific quality registration schemes (i.e. ISO9001, ISO/TS-16949, AS9100, etc.)
Position Criteria :
- Will be required to work on-site at one of the sites in the region of responsibility.
- Ability to analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement
- Ability to lead and coordinate multi discipline, multi-functional teams.
- Ability to develop strategies and priority setting for the Supply Chain initiatives
- Develop and lead implementation teams to deliver the acquisition strategies
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes as well as special processes.
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Strong planning/project management skills
- Strong PC application skills. Including complement of Microsoft Office Software, with strong capabilities in Excel and Access
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.