No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Typical Duties andTasks:
• Manages customer relationships to achieve sales goals and executing sales plans within an assigned sales territory or account.
• Sells company products and services by developing new prospects and accounts.
• Achieves sales targets and ensures customer satisfaction.
• Develops relationships to generate customer goodwill and loyalty.
• Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines.
• Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
• Responds to customer concerns about the company and its products.
• Provides leadership and mentoring to less experienced sales representatives.
• Drives utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. Customer Relationship Management, Customer focus Six Sigma).
• Focus On Customer Needs - Able to leverage network of customer contacts to attain customer specific information that will provide useful in making informed business decisions and increase understanding of customer needs.
• Account Planning - Is able to develop strategies to grow business, formulate marketing plans, identify support needs and measure progress. Understands what strategies need to be put in place to strengthen customer relationships. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools (such as OEM Supply Agreement CORP 04-05-00-00) that support account planning as well as customer loyalty NPS tools and process.
• Sales Calls - Able to formulate sales call plans, conduct calls according to plans, gather information and negotiate terms of sale. Able to coach others.
• Manage Customer Relationships - Manages customer interactions and relationships to maximize sales opportunities. Utilizes appointment and customer contact management software. Able to coach others to develop effective contact management habits. Consistently demonstrates ability to establish rapport, meet commitments, and develop effective working relationships with customers.
• Sales Negotiations - Able to identify negotiating tactics used by customers and how to manage them. Familiar with Customer Market Profitability tools (such as OEM Supply Agreement CORP 04-05-00-00) that can be utilized during negotiations. Can recognize the balance of power within a negotiation and has the skills to alter that balance. Drives toward collaborative relationships (i.e. win/win relationships).
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, sales or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required.
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing Cummins value packages of products and services for on and off highway delivery partners and their end-users. The TSM will be responsible for maintaining current business partners as well as the growing that base within the region they represent. The role will require 75-80% travel within the region of AZ/NM and at times be on short notice.
• Effective computer utilization-Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly desired
• 4 years of sales experience using marketing processes and tools that are relevant in a channel driven, business to business marketing environment
• Proficiency in sales and marketing techniques
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Effective presentation skills
• Effective Time Management skills
• Demonstrated ability to self-manage from a home office
• Ability to travel 75-80%
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.