Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Agile Business Analyst - Secureworks
Secureworks is a global leader in providing intelligence-driven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organisation in the world is immune from cyberattacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analysing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using best-of-breed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat. In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. Secureworks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,400 clients in 61 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. We've been consistently recognised by industry analysts, readers' polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide. Role Overview
The Business Analyst/Product Owner has responsibility to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users. The Product Owner serves as the conduit between the personas and stories and the software development team through which requirements flow. The Product Owner is involved at some level throughout the entire system or software development life cycle. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, the focus is shifted towards the management of the product requirements and verifying the fulfillment of all requirements.Responsibilities
- Instill trust and confidence with Product Management, Squad Leaders, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Architects, and others in order to achieve delivery of products and services
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Management to gather client-centric requirements and translate them to User Stories.
- Negotiate with product management on the features and delivery timelines for what will be built in order to meet market needs identified by product.
- Work with the development team leader to determine level of effort (LOE) of deliverables
- Ensures that User Stories are defined and shovel ready at the beginning of sprint commencement
- Owns the backlog and backlog grooming process
- Balances delivery of functional and non-functional requirements
- Identify cross-team dependencies and work with other product owners and squad leaders to resolve them
- Leads and owns the analysis of complex IT issues and coordinating the documentation of business needs
- Leads and manages the process for identifying and recommending improvements; obtains approvals on solution requirements and traceability
- Independently facilitate requirements meetings/workshops and prepare documentation of the elicitation results for product(s)
- Oversees the development, testing and implementation of product(s)
- Recommends best practices for delivering business solutions
- Requires skillful product execution experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated experience becoming a domain expert in a product and participating in design of new capabilities for it
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be effective at meeting/workshop facilitation in a distributed and virtual environment, with team members in different time zones and/or countries and remote workers
- Required knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
Why work with us?
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of programming, development, and technical architecture
Life at Secureworks means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfils their potential. Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work. Our Edinburgh office is vital to Secureworks. As our core technology hub in the UK, it's a large, modern, open plan space conveniently located a short walk to Princes Street and Waverley train station which has a break out area with fresh fruit and fresh coffee available.
As a leading technology employer, we actively encourage further development for our employees. This is done through our range of internal training programmes, training affiliation with SANS GIAC, various vendors, encouragement for the team to go technology conferences or even our regular company hackathons.Secureworks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. As a managed security provider, Secureworks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R94098
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.