About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description Provides hands-on support, recommendations and guidance across Agile teams-notably through executive, delivery leadership and team training. Regularly assesses and calibrates team Agile fluency leveraging the enterprise framework including direct support of work mobilization activities (e.g., road map development, functional decomposition). Role is considered the topmost Agile expert within a key business segment or as part of an enterprise CoE whose focus is primarily on the coaching aspects of Agile Methodology to be leveraged across various businesses and respective Agile teams. The Coach jobs inform the Agile method at TD and educate stakeholders on their role in the Agile operating model, as well as the business value the Agile method provides. The ultimate goal of the Coach is to bring Agile teams to a level of self-sufficiency. Job Requirements • Recognized as an Agile expert within and outside the company and requires broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories or techniques in their own field
• Recognized as top level Agile expert whose focus is on coaching and training executive leadership and assisting Scrum Masters
• Ability to provide guidance and oversight to multiple teams, growing capability across the organization
• Significant in-depth expertise in Agile to interpret internal and external obstacles and recommend best practices
• Helps Scrum Masters resolve complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify unique and innovative solutions
• May lead functional teams or programs within own job function or business
• Offers advice and guidance for delivery teams on how to transition to and operate in scaled delivery environments
• Coaches other teams & leads teams in other business units to drive Agile adoption Qualifications • Undergraduate or post graduate degree
• Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Master in scaled Agile framework (e.g., SAFE) and 7+ years of Scrum Master experience
• 10 years of Agile experience preferred
• 5+ years' experience as an Agile coach involved in large-scale Agile transformations
• Expert knowledge of Agile principles and practices, with extensive experience working in an Agile
• Advanced knowledge of agile theory, methodology - including scaling -, techniques, rules, and practices, estimating/sizing, product management, planning, forecasting, conflict resolution, coaching / leverage models, capacity and capability building and facilitation
• Knowledge of current and emerging competitor and market trends
• Ability to establish goals and objectives that support the strategic plan and delivery execution for multiple and/or scaled teams
• Ability to contribute to strategic direction of the function and provide advice to the team and all levels of leadership
• Ability to support forecasting initiatives and demand in order to help develop annual strategic plan
• Advanced ability to lead, plan, implement and evaluate program/project activities to ensure completion of product initiatives
• Skill in preparing and managing budgets and resource allocation
• Advanced skill in mentoring, coaching, listening, providing feedback and performance management
• Skill in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
• Skill in using computer applications including MS Office and industry standard Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form to all levels and types of stakeholders (i.e. business, technology, sponsors and control functions)
• Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across teams and functions
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently
• Ability to exercise sound judgement in making decisions
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New Jersey City (Primary) Mount Laurel
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.