This position will be reporting to the Assistant Vice President of the Enterprise Business Delivery Model and Agile Center of Excellence within the Chief Technology Office department. This organization is accountable for the transition of the technology, IT service partners and specific business units from a tradition waterfall delivery model into a new delivery practice which allows for continuous delivery of business value while improving the pace and efficiency of our delivery process.
The Agile Center of Excellence is searching for an Agile Practice Coach with experience in coaching agile guiding principles and practices for scaled Scrum or Kanban delivery methodologies. This role requires experience in the practical execution of the practices, exposure to the creation and/or implementation of the new methodologies for enterprise organizations and hands on experience with technology delivery.
In this role, you will join the Agile Center of Excellence team, which will be creating and driving adoption of the new enterprise practices, processes and tools which are aligned to the our delivery vision. The Agile Practice Coach will be active in driving change from "end to end" delivery perspective and manage multiple levels of stakeholder engagement for driving increased agility and an environment of continuous delivery and improvement. Success will be measured through achieving our goals with the behaviors exhibited by practitioners from across the enterprise: Deliver Outcomes, Work as a Team, Build Strong Partnerships, and Strive for Excellence.
Provide agile practice leadership, coaching and education to the enterprise technology delivery capabilities for the enablement of effective scrum masters, scrum development teams, product owners, and other enabled scaled roles to ensure successful delivery of continuous business value.
- Influence leadership and management teams within our delivery practices, including business and other supporting functional areas which engagement with technology teams on agile principles, practices and tools.
- Drive adoption of the new delivery model and agile practices across the enterprise.
- Cultivate an transparent environment where people learn new things, try them out, and help find better ways to do things
- Stay abreast of new Agile techniques, methods, and strategies
- Demonstrate thought leadership by engaging with enterprise through speaking, learning forums, blogging, etc.
- Help teams develop and implement practices and metrics that track effective and efficient delivery for continuous improvement.
- This role will potentially be expected to travel, spending time in the field with resource communities in our remote offices. Travel could be between 10-20%
- Experience with the implementation and execution of Scrum in an environment where individuals are unfamiliar with the methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor scrum teams on agile practices (processes, tools, artifacts and ceremonies), assisting the team to self-organize, leading the team towards a path of continuous improvement
- Familiarity with quality management, organizational development, and agile principles
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Ability to work across all levels of the organizations and within matrix environments
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience; with experience managing projects from conception to successful implementation
- Progressive experience in business roles where change management is a vital component, including people, process, and technology change
- Capable of working independently or in a highly collaborative environment; working with and through others
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, and business judgment
- Excellent active listening skills and facilitation skills
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; experience with ADKAR is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Good understanding of various reports/metrics and hand-on for tools like Rally
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Exposure to DevOps is a plus.
Travel: there will be travel between Hartford, CT and Windsor, CT based on business need. Initial travel to support ramp up time will also be required. Travel requirement is 10% or less in this position. What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
• Data Analysis-
Input, understand, analyze and act on data
• Business Owner Mindset-
Operate with keen business knowledge,
expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Influence through a consultative approach
• Customer Driven-
Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
• Growth & Development-
Maximize development of self and others What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **