Opower's (now part of Oracle Utilities) mission is to help everyone on the planet save energy and move utilities into a clean energy future. Care to join us?
You're an experienced Agilist with a passion for building organizational capabilities, but you want a career that marries your professional experience with a worthwhile purpose, like saving the planet. You want more out of your career than on-site dry cleaning or sleeping pods. You're ready for a change.
Now, imagine using your professional abilities at a tech company that is making a positive impact on the world. We utilize the power of big data to revolutionize the way customers interact with their utility's representatives, in addition to reducing energy consumption around the world. Our tools deliver Opower and Oracle's deep, personalized energy insights to end customers and help them be more energy efficient.
About the Team
At Opower/Oracle Utilities, Agile Program Managers work cross-functionally with a variety of teams, including Engineering, Product, and Operations. This team takes pride in leading through influence, and has a great approach to process in an often-chaotic environment. If you like getting your hands dirty and are constantly striving for the best way to adapt services to the needs of the business, we'd love to hear from you.
What You'll Make Happen:
- Create, execute and track agile program plans
- Work in close collaboration with multiple agile teams
- Manage cross-team dependencies and facilitate open communication
- Create clear visibility into status and progress
- Expose and proactively manage risks
- Ensure that the team is delivering the right product at the right time
- Coach and guide the team in dealing with development methodology issues and foster a continuous improvement cycle
- Transition Oracle's waterfall teams to Agile software development teams
You Get Excited By:
- Collaborative environments where you can leverage your technical background, project management skills, and belief in agile methodology to influence positive change.
- Working in close collaboration with a diverse set of internal stakeholders where you can foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Building organizational efficiency in an informal environment where change is the norm.
- You are self-motivated and self-managed: able to think independently, get feedback, and move ahead, all while still keeping everyone in the loop.
- All things Lean/Agile. You are a Lean/Agile chef: you have worked in a well functioning Lean/Agile environment and can show a track record of adapting cookbook recipes to a messier reality.
Desired Qualifications: BS in Science or technical field preferred. 3-5 years of software project management experience and 2 years of proven experience in managing in an Agile environment.
Keywords : Agile, Scrum, Technical Project Manager, Kanban, SAFe
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.