McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. Part of the overall McKesson, McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services (MPTS) is a portfolio of four businesses that provides technology and services to retail, mail order, PBMs, hospital and health systems pharmacies. MPTS offers a wide array of solutions, including pharmacy workflow software, clinical programs, inventory optimization, government program optimization including 340B compliance, data analytics and services, and automation. MPTS is part of McKesson Corporation, recently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, which touches over 65,000 pharmacies every day.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payers to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Pharmacy Technology and Services division has an opening in our Pittsburgh, PA office for a Project Manager.
As the Project Manager (PM) you will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. You will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. You will play a number of different roles in actual practice:
• At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
• At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
• In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
Essential Job Requirements:
• Project Planning and Management – Work collaboratively to define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
• Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
• Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
• Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
• Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
5+ years experience in project management.
• Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: Project Manager 3