GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Agile Project Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Agile Project Manager will be responsible for leading the successful execution of one or more value streams (Software Release Trains) to support the delivery of strategic software products.
The Agile Project Manager is a hybrid role that properly balances agile leadership and program management to help software development teams plan, build and deliver solutions more efficiently.
This role will evolve into the Release Train Engineer (RTE) within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). You will facilitate SAFe processes and execution, resolve and escalate impediments, manage risks, help assure value delivery, and drive continuous improvement.
The Agile Project Manager will act as execution lead of a distributed multi-team software effort delivering value to customers. You will closely partner with Customer Program Managers, Product Line Management and Engineering leaders to define value stream program objectives, and drive elaboration of specific release train deliverables, plans, cost estimates and schedules.
The Agile Project Manager will be a servant leader to the Agile teams, driving impediment removal and continuous risk reduction to enable successful software delivery.
In addition, you will:
* Coordinate implementation of all the product features over the multiple iterations within a Program Increment (PI) working closely with team ScrumMasters and Product Managers
* Manage the PI plan, issues, roadblocks, dependencies, and work with Product Managers and Architects to address any gaps in the product backlog
* Establish and lead program level cadence and program level ceremonies (e.g. Release Planning, Backlog reviews, Scrum of Scrums, release train retrospectives, etc)
* Maintain and report metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on program-level plans, progress, cost and quality
* Manage release scope during execution so that deliverables, schedule and budget can be met
* Facilitate identification of dependencies and critical path for release schedule among agile teams, other internal teams, and external suppliers
* Proactively advocate for quality using processes and automation such as continuous test and continuous integration
* Foster a team collaborative environment that tears down silos between teams and internal functional groups
* Actively contribute to the company's Agile and Lean Community through participation in the internal Agile Community of Practice and Scrum Master Forums
* Develop, communicate, and maintain a detailed release plan, release budget and schedule
* Prepare schedule and budget estimations and technical proposals for new project bids
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Technical field
* Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in software development / IT (preferably in Enterprise Application development)
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Project Leadership (Including; planning, analysis, and cost control)
* Minimum of 5 years leading in Agile development environment
* Minimum 2 years leading in Scaled Agile Framework environment
* Willingness and ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 25% of the time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Proficient with Agile / Scrum Tools
* Proficient with Project Planning tools (Project / Clarity PPM)
* Understanding of estimation and budgeting processes
* Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
* Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
* Railroad industry experience
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.