Job Location: Whippany, NJ
The selected candidate will have an opportunity to develop research capabilities in the institutional agricultural lending and investment management fields, while significantly enhancing personal credentials and building relationships with professionals across Agricultural Investments and other business units within MetLife Investments.
- Formulate actionable investment strategies for the agricultural portfolio and communicate these strategies to senior management
- Produce studies on agricultural trends that can be distributed to borrowers, potential clients, and the media, in an effort to position MetLife Agricultural Finance research as industry-leading
- Assist in process of updating market benchmarks and internal portfolio guidelines
- Produce specific market research reports to support underwriting of agricultural mortgage loans
- Develop market views via data collection and market analysis by key sectors of interest, ranging from production agriculture to agribusiness and the timberland investment space
- Assist in special projects in conjunction with Field Operations and the Agricultural Portfolio Unit
- Update periodic market research reports produced for the regional offices and management
- Develop/maintain relationships with Agricultural Finance data vendors/agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in the agricultural economics or agricultural finance fields with 5+ years of experience or Master’s degree in the agricultural economics or agricultural finance fields 1-4 years of work experience preferable
- Candidate should have excellent analytical, project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast-paced work environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience with econometrics and statistical programming tools such as SAS, R or STATA is strongly preferred
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 44161
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.