has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for an Agronomy Operations Manager
who has a strong understanding of the industry. You will oversee the agronomy plant in Chinook, MT.
You must be a proven leader able to motivate and lead employees to accomplish plant goals.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Manage a multi-million dollar agronomy plant operation according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Establish and implement a program for the agronomy plant to include housekeeping, safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards. Work with Location Manager on all safety and compliance issues.
- Educate both employees and patrons in the operations of the cooperative and CHS business objectives to enhance employee effectiveness and improve member relations.
- Establish and implement short-term goals that are consistent with long range plans for growth in operation, including facility, equipment, and personnel.
- Communicate with location manager and appropriate personnel of consolidated group (other branch managers and department managers).
- Communicate with supervisor and appropriate divisional personnel (fertilizer marketing, farm supply, credit).
- Utilize personnel and equipment within CHS to provide excellent customer service and satisfaction
- Supervise full and part-time operations personnel through responsible training clear job assignment definition and explanation.
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Assist in developing budget & asset needs, manage approved operating budget.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- 7 plus years of agriculture retail experience
- 2 plus years of supervisory experience
- Ability to work extended hours in season
- Understand basic business principals of inventory management
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or Agriculture related program
- Agribusiness/Location management experience
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.