has an exciting opportunity. We are looking for an Agronomy Sales Manager in Northeast Colorado
. You will plan and direct the sales and marketing of the organization’s Agronomy products and services offered by the cooperative to area producers through a team effort.
Basic Qualifications (required):
- Manage the sales team and activities for a multi- million dollar Agronomy operation to include Chemical, Crop Nutrients, Yield Point Precision Ag and Seed.
- Train and Develop sales team on programs, pricing and overall strategy for the Agronomy division.
- Oversee the ongoing training of the sales team, requiring sales team to achieve and maintain their CCA, Certified Crop Advisor license.
- Ensure sales team is promoting the right programs which have been predetermined to offer the best returns for both the patron and cooperative.
- Ensure pricing is consistent across all locations within the division
- Work with sales team on competitive issues to guarantee the best outcome.
- Work with producers to earn new business and manage assigned key accounts.
- Work in conjunction with the Agronomy Department Manager to source best programs from suppliers, provide input into budgets,
- Ongoing communication with Management & Sales staff to monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities as well as communication of sales programs, incentives and purchase options.
- Understand what margins are needed to achieve budget, take corrective action when needed to ensure marketing objectives support the achievement of designated budgets.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current & new product concepts; provide feedback for future product development.
- Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
Preferred Qualifications (desired):
- Degree with 3 plus years of experience in Agronomy Sales to include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or Agriculture related program
- Certified Crop Advisor license
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.