CHS Eastern Farmers
has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Retail Division! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our growing agriculture organization. You will be an Agronomy Sales Representative
, working with farmers, ranchers, and producers. You will promote the proper use of crop protection products, plant food, seed and other services offered at the cooperative to area producers by making on-the-farm sales presentations. You must have a good mathematical aptitude and be able to formulate fertilizer applications.
Basic Qualifications (required):
- Create and recommend specific agronomy programs to targeted accounts with the goal of increasing agronomy business.
- Spend a majority of time in the country working with farmers to earn business.
- Utilize seed, Precision Farming technology, finance, and other marketing tools to grow market share.
- Understand the business functions of the employee team and assists the team in improving the efficiency and profitability of the location(s) assigned.
- Coordinate with custom applicators and tanks on the spreading, spraying, and delivery of bulk fertilizer to assure the cost effective use of equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations through customer education and the promotion of new products.
- Ensure that federal and state regulations pertaining to chemicals and fertilizers are observed and adhered to.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work extended hour’s in-season to meet business demands.
Preferred Qualifications (desired):
- Associate’s Degree
- 1-3 years additional Agronomy/seed experience, OR Scouting/intern experience, OR Plant worker experience, OR Agricultural background
- Extensive knowledge of agronomy
- Ability to provide cost effective services for co-op patrons
- Ability to work extended hours in-season
- Good mathematical aptitude
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience spraying chemicals
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.