Work on one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry; we are gathering an incredible team to help drive the future of Halo.
As an AI Engineer, you are core to enabling artists and designers realize their visions on screen. The ideal candidate will be able to drive forward our engine technology to best support the game vision. You will need to be able to collaborate with creative people and be able to deliver solid performant code in a AAA game engine. You must be a team player!
As an AI Engineer on the Halo team, you will work directly with the Lead Character Engineer to implement your code into the engine to support the needs of the game team. You will need to be able to accurately schedule your tasks as well as maintain a high level of communication with all team members.
• Deliver on key features in cooperation with artists and designers
• Create code systems that allow for fast iteration and are well architected
• Debug and optimize key areas of code (not just your own)
• Aid in the architecture and implementation of the game engine
• Experience shipping games. You must have experience shipping AAA current or last generation console games.
• Experience shipping games as an AI engineer
• At least 5 years of C/C++ professional experience
• Strong Debugging and Optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment
• A strong math background
• Strong knowledge of AI gameplay as well as game AI algorithms
• Strong Cross-Team Communication Skills. You can talk to creatives (e.g. artists and game designers).
• An amazing passion for creating games
• Extensive development in a multi-player environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.