About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Responsible for implementing and overseeing air compliance programs for Connecticut based facility operations in Groton and New Haven. In addition, this role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise leading air compliance activities at site level and supporting air compliance across the enterprise in conjunction with Global EHS and Engineering teams
Implements and manages site air compliance program addressing local, state and federal environmental statutes, regulations, and ordinances; and the company Global EHS Standards associated with applicable Title V, NSR, NSPS, NESHAP, and MACT regulations associated with co-generation power plant, chiller plants, emergency engines and pharmaceutical R&D operations.
• Ensures implementation and maintenance of EHS management and compliance systems that enhance and continuously improve the site air programs
• Assists in setting strategic direction for the site's environmental program in line with the company and Global Operations strategy
• Responsible for hosting and follow-up related to regulatory inspections
• Participates in Global EHS Audits
• Manages the delivery of insourced and outsourced services at the site, including budgetary and vendor performance management
• Liaises with internal customers/stakeholders
• Education: Degree in environmental engineering, management, science, or relevant field.
- P5: Preferred - a minimum of 10 years' experience as an environmental professional, with specific focus on developing environmental programs with specialty/expertise managing air compliance programs for Title V sources and specifically power plant operations. Preferred to have experience in more than one environmental media. Demonstrated ability to lead.
- Knowledge of EHS regulations including local, regional, national and international air compliance rules and regulations;
- Risk Avoidance/Abatement/Control: Air pollution control techniques, technology, and equipment and Permitting;
- Compliance Assessment & Auditing: Air Compliance & Regulatory Reporting including ODCs.
• Experience interfacing with external regulators.
• Proven experience in managing multiple projects of moderate complexity and demonstrated experience with construction/demolition management scheduling and budgeting tools.
• Straight Thinking/Problem Solving ability to create and implement effective long-term strategic plans capable of balancing both long-term and short-term organizational needs.
• Think both strategically and tactically, posesssing strong intellect to effectively analyze complex, multi-faceted issues.
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity to develop new or innovative ways to look at business processes.
• Possess good understanding of the company business, stay abreast of advancements in the industry and in the regulatory arena that may impact immediate work group and/or department.
Requires strong interpersonal skills including leading conversations and making presentations to small groups; performing mathematical calculations and some complex data / statistical analysis.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.