The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Valid FAA A&P Certification [Airframe and Powerplant License]
- Valid Driver License
- Flexible, able to work any shift, any day, including holidays and weekends
- 0-2 Years maintenance experience
- Positive attitude towards productivity, safety and quality maintenance
- Good communication skills (verbal, written and radio)
- Must have excellent customer skills
- Must already be authorized to work in the United States
Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA Regulations to include: troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft and the modification/alteration of installed equipment.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
- Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Receive and prepare parts.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 -3 years related industry experience preferred.
- A&P (airframe & powerplant) mechanic license as outlined in FAR Part 65.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Must have the legal right to work in assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Climb and work from ladder or platforms.
Location/Division: 890 Cowan Rd g, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA Job Requisition: 1701401
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.